*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/568947-Its-an-opinionated-day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#568947 added February 20, 2008 at 3:38pm
Restrictions: None
It's an opinionated day...
An unexpected cold shower might do that to you.

*Bullet* Was too busy reading and responding to your emails yesterday to notice that Mother Nature was dumping a foot of snow on the village. And of course when I left at 9pm, nothing was plowed. At least Mother Nature's been consistent in recycling the white stuff; it falls, it melts, and the next day she replaces it with a fresh batch. Though a foot this time...a little much. At least the upstairs neighbor shovelled the driveway all the way up to my door this time.

*Bullet* Dave pointed out the other day that there possibly isn't anything more disgusting than a wet cardboard box, left outside on the street to decompose. To that I offer: Brittney Spears' rancid driver's side car seat.

*Bullet* I can't lie. On a whim I listened to Kid Rock today (something about the song "Cowboy" always puts me in a good mood). Hey, if any female over the age of 22 can say with a straight face that she listens to Brittney Spears, I should be able to admit that once in a great while I'll pull out Kid Rock as a guilty pleasure and still expect to be taken (somewhat) seriously.

*Bullet* War on the other jobless fucks here at the library, sitting around and taking up computer space playing solitare. And war on the 16 yr. old twits on the computers, yapping on their cell phones and posting on their mindless myspace pages, with posts that in 30 days will have no relevance. At least I'd like to think I'm doing something constructive (that is, if you care to read about my foibles with the shower this morning).

*Bullet* The Beastie Boys' video for "Sabotage" may be alternative/hip hop's funniest video ever.

*Bullet* Yes, I have a touchy shower system setup in my bathroom. For one, you have to turn the knob slightly just so, or else it makes this hideous wailing, whistling noise like there's too much air in the line. That can also affect water pressure, so you have to be really careful. Two, you barely have to turn on the cold water (of course, I prefer near-scalding hot water anyway). And three, during one out of approximately every 30 showers, good luck getting the water temperature past lukewarm anyway. It's usually on the days where a warm shower would be most welcome as well (go figure). And today was that day.

Hope y'all are having a sweet-ass sweet day.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/568947-Its-an-opinionated-day