*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/569328-When-Im-64-the-system-and-trash-tv
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#569328 added February 22, 2008 at 1:34pm
Restrictions: None
When I'm 64, the system and trash tv.
I'm so arthritic today, and I think it's because I slid all over my driveway yesterday. All the twisting and jerking my body to avoid falling has led to some curious aches and pains. I think I pulled something under my right armpit in my ribcage, and my left hip feels like it's dying for a replacement. There's almost like a mini-grinding going on in my hip when I walk, and some soreness. At least it's not my cartilage-lacking knees that are bothering me today (anymore than usual). Sadly, there are no 70 degree temps in the forecast anytime soon. I'd trade a lil flash flooding for the ability to walk normally down the street and not have to worry about black ice (cuz it doesn't flood much at all by my house even though I live by a creek, and it sucks having to adjust your gait to however many inches of unshovelled snow there is on the ground). I know, I'm being selfish and whining.

NY State really needs to make the whole Unemployment Insurance process a little more streamlined, and they need to remove the suspense factor. I don't understand how they can dick around with the money my taxes contribute to while leaving me to dick around with pocket change. According to the book, I should've at least had my payment card by now, with my first payment on it by today. According to their website, which has more words on it that mean nothing than a greeting card sent for all the wrong reasons, I should have my payment tomorrow. Who wants to place bets that I'm sitting here monday, bitching about how ass-backwards NY is? C'mon! The kid needs a new pair of shoes!!

I'm 100% convinced, after only seeing the show a handful of times, The Maury Povich Show censors out words at random to add to the sensationalism factor. It seems like everytime I watch it, noone's saying anything but there's still a bleep. Or a bleep comes when a curse word wouldn't even fit the context of the rest of the sentence the guest is stammering out. See, another reason why I don't normally watch this crap. And what, does this dude have the market cornered on DNA/Paternity tests? Everytime his show is advertized on commercials, he's always doing lie detectors and paternity tests; it's rare when he actually has on some other category of show. You wanna take him seriously...but you don't. You really want to...but you can't.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/569328-When-Im-64-the-system-and-trash-tv