*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570091-The-Magical-Fruit
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#570091 added February 26, 2008 at 10:50am
Restrictions: None
The Magical Fruit
1 Ayyam-i-Ha, 164 B.E. - Tuesday, February 26, 2008 about 7:33 AM PST

I did a survey this morning about beans. The survey quoted the old song about this magical fruit. Beans, beans the magical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot. Actually, that isn't the way I remember the song at all, not that I haven't heard that particular version of it. The verse I remember goes something like this Beans, beans they're good for your heart, the more you eat the more you fart.

Other things I remember about beans is that Jack had magic beans that grew into a huge bean stalk, which he climbed and stole some items from a giant. I think he took three items, but I can only remember two of them. I know he stole a goose that laid golden eggs and a magic harp. I can't remember what the other items was, but I do know it must have been unusual.

I wonder what the giant thought about a Juvenal delinquent coming into his castle and stealing his stuff. I know that the story must have given Jack a good motive, but I'm not sure what it was. It's been a long time since I read Jack and the Bean Stalk. I doubt that Jack's reason would stand up in a court of law, but it might. One never knows about things like that. I know Jack and his mother were poor, but I don't think the moral of the story was suppose to be if you're poor you can take someone stuff without their permission. I don't remember what the moral of the story was. Maybe it was not to sell your only milk cow and means of support for magic beans.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570091-The-Magical-Fruit