*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570225-missile-aneous
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#570225 added February 27, 2008 at 12:15am
Restrictions: None
missile-aneous

Tuesday is my mish-mash night, or at least tonight is.

missilaneous n. That's my new word for a shopping list folded into a paper airplane and launched at my husband on his way out the door. It bombed.

***
I thought of a new invention tonight, or, rather, a new accessory for the old workhorse, the vacuum cleaner. If I could figure out a way to hang a metal detector in front of it, just think how many earring backs I could avoid sucking up! I am, coincidentally, missing a whole small earring at the moment, but is it really worth pulling all that dog hair laden nastiness from the vacuum bag?

***
The Asian style Zero Point soup I made last night was pretty tasty. I'll try the Italian version next. I just made a batch of no calorie Russian tea, like we used to make with Tang, for those of you old enough to remember. I think I got it a little too tangy, but not bad, and I can fiddle around and add some more Splenda.

***
I've been reading blogs tonight, still trying to catch up ones I missed while I was in Florida. (Did I remember to complain that I never even got to the beach?!!) (Oh, I did? Sorry.)

What's with the Black and pink and black and cream notations I've noticed at the bottom of blogs? Some secret society? If I scribble black and blue at the bottom of mine, will I be in? Or will you send Adult Protective to check on my welfare?

***
The book I read on the plane was quite entertaining. Anne Tyler's Digging to America is about two families who meet at the airport while waiting for the infants they've adopted from Korea to be delivered. One of the book's themes is the difficulty everyone finds of fitting in, and the characters come at in from several different angles. It was thought provoking as well as fun to read.

I'm reading Maeve Binchy's latest now. It's a style she's written at least two other books in, maybe more. Each chapter is a different character, and they all tie in together. It sounds like an interesting way to write a book, maybe an idea for the March NoWriMo. I haven't signed up for it yet, but I thought it was really worthwhile when I did it last year.


Black and tan -- Is it a drink, or a coon hound, or....



© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570225-missile-aneous