*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570256-Did-the-Earth-Move-for-You
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#570256 added February 27, 2008 at 7:32am
Restrictions: None
Did the Earth Move for You?
Last night we spent some time with friends, including the lovely crackedbizkit then sauntered home around 11.30pm.

I immediately signed into WDC and hubby turned on his precious television, then promptly fell asleep, bent double in the chair like Quasimodo. Nothing different to any other Tuesday night.

After midnight I decided to hit the sack and leave sleeping beauty to his own devices. I'd been in bed about ten minutes when suddenly the whole house shook from its very foundations.

I mentally calculated how much wine I'd drunk during the evening. Surely not enough to make the room spin in such a way. It happened again and I wondered if I was going to be catapulted from my bed any minute. Had Robbie returned and decided to make the earth move for me in my half asleep state?

The room shook a third time and by now I was feeling a little scared. Hubby's snoring has been known to reach a very high number of decibels, but surely it wasn't so loud from his armchair, it could rock the house?

I got out of bed to see if something was happening in the street or on the nearby building site. All was quiet. I finally drifted off to sleep.

This morning I discovered the reason for all the shaking and movement on the front page of M.S.N.



Yes, I've experienced my very first earthquake and it seems hubby slept through the whole thing. *Laugh*

Burgandy. *Wink*

© Copyright 2008 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570256-Did-the-Earth-Move-for-You