*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570309-Kid-Fantabulous
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#570309 added February 27, 2008 at 1:05pm
Restrictions: None
Kid Fantabulous
So we didn't get so much of the snow we were supposed to, but we got enough. In all the years I've lived in my apartment (Penora St. Pride, 7 yrs strong and still growin'), today was the first time ever my screen door was frozen shut from top to bottom. That's not so much a good feeling!

I decided late last night to take on a major project. Of all my writing, maybe 5% of it is actually on display here at WDC. I came across an old notebook from late 2002, and I plan on posting everything in it eventually. There isn't a notebook I own that I feel so comfortable with. I guess you can call that good news.

A crazy note in today's news...and I broke tradition today. I grab my newspaper, flirt aimlessly with the counterhelp, and make my way to the deli. I get my salami sangwich, and usually I read the sports section first. Not today. Couldn't bring myself to see the commentary on yesterday's hockey trades (and in a correction, today I've traded my blue and gold Sabres jersey for the blue and gold of Notre Dame...I can't find my St. Louis jersey). Reading the front pages, I come across this, from Luxembourg:

Court Says Parmesan Is Only From Parma

I guess wars and political races and murders and corruption had the day off, and this particular government is solely concerned about its cheese. And I love me some cheese yo, but not to the level where my government should be so concerned that its cheese should be legally called a derivative of where it came from.

Perhaps the European Union should be more concerned about subjecting us to Pete Doherty and Amy Winehouse before they start getting all up in my favorite pasta topping. And while I realize it's only a tiny 6 paragraph article, the mere fact that this makes page A3 of the paper is astounding.

In other info, I was gonna war on something today, but I totally forgot what. Maybe it's the mind-numbingness that's occurring weatherwise. Promised my sis the next time she visited I'm taking her to the Broadway Deli, cuz it's that good. And after helping Dave move last weekend, on tap is my bro and stepmom moving at the ungodly hour of 8am friday, then my dad moving on saturday (finally I can get him all the stuff I'm giving him out of my place...the recliner, pots and pans, vaccuum cleaner, end table). Plus I'm prolly going back w/El Prez David to his old place to throw out all the garbage. I don't even want to get into that...the scope is ridiculous. Compactor bags x "full-on moving on with your life", divided by Cheektowaga's new trash laws = the transportation of trash to Goodwill, Depew, Hamburg, and wherever else we can legally find a place to dispose of about 35 gigantic bags of trash. Aye. Love the kid, would do anything for him, but I never imagined this. Cripes *Rolleyes*. Otherwise, it's a fantastic day...the neighbor's kid is in the local HS basketball playoffs, my bro was bitching about all the football and baseball cards I collected as a kid that he forgot I gifted to him when I moved out (seriously, I had waaaaay too many to want to move or store myself), his words were, and I quote directly from his unsolicited text message received last night: "Omg all your baseball cards and shit that you gave me that I wasn't aware of happening til we moved last time are a pain in my ass there's like 5 boxes filled of cards and were still finding more!" Shit I didn't even think I had that much. Poor kid. Eh, no. He works out. Maybe if he wasn't tatting up the inside of his lip he wouldn't be whining! Just kidding bro, you know I love you, and that stuff's gotta have some real value (moreso than just being a piece of my youth), so suck it up and move that shit!

Anyways, have a fantastic day...on to your emails, love letters and death threats...
*Heart*

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570309-Kid-Fantabulous