*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570360-On-the-Verge
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#570360 added February 27, 2008 at 4:09pm
Restrictions: None
On the Verge
It is with great trepidation that I notified my writing group that I planned on taking a short break from active participation. I've really, really enjoyed the sense of purpose and community that it provides however, between demands from work and personal life I'm having a harder and harder time making my posts and assignments. Rather than labor under the burden of guilt, I just came clean and excused myself at least until I get my nuptials behind me. I fully expect to focus seriously on publication in 2008...just not before tying the knot. I have enough on the brain at the moment and when I can write, I do but the creative juices have become more of less strangled by tasks and responsibilities and complications with my work. I feel as if I can breath a little easier now but still regret having to table anything.
Things have developed at a good clip and I'm suddenly finding myself pressed for time. I'm drawing relaxation and peace of mind from various free search and find game downloads online...a pastime I'd normally label as useless and tedious. Its been a great relief to crawl into bed and spend an hour or two just simply, playing a game. It requires very little original thought and seems more meditative for me. I was feeling guilty about not using that time to generate new work or edit existing pieces until today. My mind is too distracted and occupied for anything that intensive right now. Rather than chastise myself for it, I've accepted that this is simply a temporary situation...a mental break of sorts.

© Copyright 2008 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570360-On-the-Verge