*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/571800-The-shadow-Rage-Chronicles-Chapter-8
by 7Zedd
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1293142
a story about a boy with strange powers and a half demon
#571800 added March 5, 2008 at 1:27pm
Restrictions: None
The shadow Rage Chronicles: Chapter 8
The shadow rage chronicles: chapter 8

    Epheil walked beside Itomes, Lloyd was to his left, as the three of them journeyed up the mountainous pass. Epheil had began to wish that he wore shoes as they continued up the rocky pass, it was insane, nothing but spiky shaped rocks the whole way up, he left a trail of blood wherever he walked as the rocks protruded into his feet, the pain was bearable but it was very annoying.
    Epheil watched as a group of winged demons appeared over the ridge, the demons began dashing toward their prey, toward their own death. Lloyd was the first to meet them, slashing with his giant sword, most human blades wouldn’t harm a demon, but Lloyd’s was a sacred blade meant to do just that, reinforced by the red aura that engulfed the blade every time he touched it making the blade even deadlier.
    Epheil’s claws found demon flesh wherever they hit, there were dozens of the demons and some others were quickly joining them, Itomes was having no trouble of disposing of them either, Epheil had often thought that human blood made demon blood stronger, because a lot of half-demons were stronger than most of the full demons of the clan they shared blood with, although regular humans, except for Lloyd, were all weak.
    As the last of the demons went down Epheil saw two more standing just above the ridge, one was a giant with three eyes and a mouth that seemed to be twisted around the wrong way, that demon was easily twenty feet tall with a sword half that length held in its left hand. The other demon made Epheil’s blood boil; it was the servant, a demon Epheil wanted to kill above all other demons.
    The giant demon began running down the hill at the same time that the servant turned and began to leave, as Epheil charged toward the servant and Lloyd, aware of the situation, turned toward the giant beast, Epheil felt a sharp pain in his stomach, Itomes clawed hand was stabbed into it, Epheil let out a ragged gasp and Lloyd turned at the new situation that was occurring.
    “I am sorry” Itomes announced, “but I have to kill you two, otherwise Balka will be overrun by demons, the master’s servant has promised that Balka will be sparred until my life ends, if the two of you die by my hand.”
    Epheil ripped Itomes hand out of himself and tried to claw at his face, Itomes easily dodged the blow and stepped quickly away from him. “Sarapheil was right then” Epheil shouted “you deserved death then, fine, I will grant your end, you would allow millions to die just to save the handful of people that you know personally, the servant killed my little sister!” Epheil screamed at the top of his lungs, “He continues to kill children! He eats their insides, while they still live and suffer the pain of his vile mouth on them! Prepare yourself Itomes, for this day you begin eternity in hell!”
    Blue lightning sparkled around Epheil, the same lightning danced around Itomes, Epheil reasoned that he was using concern for the people of the village to draw out his strength, Epheil wielded his lightning as a tool of rage at what had happened to his little sister Umelia, he hurled bolts at Itomes, who mirrored his actions and the two bolts clashed. Epheil knew that he was stronger though, Epheil had no intention of harming the people who lived in Balka, and Itomes knew that. That knowledge would prevent him from using his full power, while Epheil had just seen the enemy he fought against the most, the quintessence of his rage incarnated into the form of a demon, his rage was at it’s peak and Itomes was an accomplice to the servant’s sins, he stood no chance, Epheil’s lightning, his rage, grew closer to Itomes with every passing moment, he didn’t stand a chance.
    Itomes knew of his hopelessness, soon he would die, and then Epheil would go after the servant, he was heading south, he could smell the scent, nothing would stop him, no demon, the servant would fall, and then the master would follow, and then Epheil could live again.
© Copyright 2008 7Zedd (UN: 7zedd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
7Zedd has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/571800-The-shadow-Rage-Chronicles-Chapter-8