*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/571927-The-MoonLemon-Balm
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#571927 added March 6, 2008 at 8:11am
Restrictions: None
The Moon/Lemon Balm
I went to the GaianTarot site and did the "instant oracle" there---with a question, "What do I do next?"----I pulled three cards, The Moon, The Hermit, and Justice.

In the Tarot of the Saints---the Moon is represented by Mother Mary. It represents night, forgiveness, mothering, a time of rest. It is not a time to go forward, it is a time to rest and recuperate, to be forgiving of ourselves as well as others. I guess I received my answer!

On the Herbal Tarot deck---the herb associated with the moon is lemon balm----a soothing, nervine that helps induce sleep. Lemon balm has the most delightful fragrance! I don't know if it will grow in the hot, humid summers here, but I think I'll try planting some seeds...

also on this deck, a scorpion and lizard crawl into the night by the ligh of the full moon....for me the symbolism is quite personal, my astrological sign is Scorpio...

over the past weeks I have encountered the phrase "dark night of the soul" over and over again....I think I'm having a dark night of the soul....but like the moon and her constant, faithful changes, I know that this will pass, I will work it through....

I've been neglecting the common sense things I know are important, eating right, exercise....This is what I plan to focus on for now....to become physically stronger, and then I can better deal with the emotional bumps and this grey middle-aged depression I seem to be going through.....

I am OK...I go to work, still laugh, talk with my friends....but feeling a vague unrest and disquiet......waiting for the next phase, next turn in the bump of the road.

© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/571927-The-MoonLemon-Balm