*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/572211-Oh-Yeah-And-500-or-so-Hitters-cant-be-wrong
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#572211 added March 7, 2008 at 2:57pm
Restrictions: None
Oh Yeah! And 500 or so Hitters can't be wrong.
Almost a day of celebration! In a day full of no news...

*Bullet* Tomorrow's entry will likely be brought to you in a full body cast. With the way it's storming out, I almost didn't leave the house. Three months ago I most likely wouldn't have, for anything. So against better wisdom today, I did. And I know better than to step out in this weather and walk across the train tracks that are flush to the pavement. Slick as hell. Now my street is not a busy street, but only I would slip in oncoming traffic. My once-impeccable balance deserted me (probably somewhere in the yards and parks of Cheektowaga on football fields), my gravitational pull made a quick left, and I went straight down on my entire right side. Needless to say, I think I dislocated every right-sided joint. It wasn't as nearly cartoonish or comical as the last time I pulled that, in the Advantage Co. parking lot: I get out of my car, meet up with a co-worker and make my way through the lot. As another co-worker parks, I, with one hand full of coffee and pop-tarts and the other hand full of handshakes, catch a patch of black ice, both feet shoot directly out underneath me, and my legs and arms flail. Priv gets out of his car and goes "Hey Nubby, where'd Bert go? I thought I just saw him right next to you." Through Nub's laughter, Priv apparently didn't see me launch my coffee 30 ft. in the air and come to a smashing ending next to me on the ground. All Nub can do is point and laugh, and Chachi can't even get out of his damn car, it was that funny. Meanwhile, I'm in pain with a twisted ankle and a bruised hip. Definitely a classy adventure. At least today my headphones and cigarette stayed intact, although the skip protection on my discman suffered greatly. My jeans, however, are still very wet.

*Bullet* Earlier, I made a pitcher of Kool-Aid for the first time in forever; grape to be exact. Don't judge me! So what if I'm 32; am I not supposed to enjoy a little sugary, artificially fruity goodness once in awhile? All you parents out there with kids under the age of 8 know what I'm talkin' bout -you know you drink it. Don't deny it. And I'm sorry, Kool-Aid to me is either grape, orange, lemonade, or maybe strawberry-kiwi (I disqualify cherry, cuz quite frankly, it sucks). And don't bullshit me with the fancy-flavored names: Arctic Fruity Blue (blue? blue what? what in the blue fuck??), Iced Summer Dumb, Sweet Whatever Junk, Mystery Change-o-Color, Guess-the-Confection, etc. Gimme the straight dope.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP1USaPMXpI

*Bullet* On a happier note: many thanks to those near, far and in-between who pushed this not-so-fancy place within WDC to over 500 views in just under two months. It may not seem like a lot, but it is to me. Raise your plastic, talking-bowl-of-punch-shaped cups in a toast...OH YEAH!! Cheers to 500 more!

*Bullet* Still no tax return. Still no phone. Still plenty of snow with still plenty more to come. At least some things in March are given. Have a snowball on me.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/572211-Oh-Yeah-And-500-or-so-Hitters-cant-be-wrong