*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/573323-questions-and-answers
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#573323 added March 12, 2008 at 11:35pm
Restrictions: None
questions and answers
Has anybody else noticed some small changes around the site, and can you tell me what they are? I can't quite put my finger on it, but some things are different. And does anybody know why some things are showing up in the portfolio as pink? I have more questions about this site, but can't remember them now. *Rolleyes*

Answers. Our new cat came from the Humane Society with the name Brook, most likely assigned to her there. If she'd been surrendered by an owner, they might have given a name, but she was seized by Animal Control for an unnamed reason. I wanted to name her Blue Eyes because it's her most unusual feature. Bill liked Brook, and since I wanted the cat to be his, I agreed. But then he kept forgetting and calling her Blair, which is his daughter's middle name!

The twins wanted to name her Mystery or Ice Cream Sundae, and I reminded them that T.S. Elliot says all cats should have three names. (Never mind that that made five!)

Bill has been doing crosswords every night, and he notices the recurring words. One of them, previously unknown to us, is olio, a hodgepodge or miscellaneous mixture. This cat is part Siamese, part calico with a lot of white. Her newest name is Olio. (Yes, it does sound like the old word for margarine, which would fit better for a yellow cat. And yes, we're still forgetting and calling her Emily, our old cat's name.)

While we were still at the pound, I tried a brush on her called the Furminator, and it worked great to get loose hair off. Guess what? Now we're at home, she doesn't like it and won't let me. Maybe when she's a little more used to being here, I'll use it anyway, but not for now.

Gotta go sit with Bill and look at the newest baby pictures. Maybe I'll get back if I think of something more interesting to report. Wouldn't take much, would it? *Laugh*

Oh yes, here it is, the 17 second video of Zach at six weeks laughing at his Pooh bear. Very cute! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2mk6occ0Rc


© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/573323-questions-and-answers