*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/573801-Saturday-March-15-2008
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#573801 added March 15, 2008 at 4:13pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Saturday, March 15, 2008

         Enjoyed the day with my grandsons.  We took a long walk to the St. Petersburg Pier.  Along the way, they did a bit of climbing.  There were some huge old trees.  One area conists of two large groups of Banyan trees --- spooky, interlinking trees with nooks and crannies to hide in and easy places to climb up or through with long tarzan-line vines hanging to the ground.  The other tree is on the grounds of the Fine Arts Museum.  It looks like an old oak with huge arms spreading out 25 or more feet from the massive center trunk, yet it has bright red almost hibiscus-like flowers, yet shiny and big as saucers, interspersed throughout the tree and lying all over the ground beneath.  (I didn't notice a lot of leaves on this tree --- maybe because of the time of year.  Most of the trees that lose leaves, lose them in the springtime in Florida.)  If anyone knows the name of the tree, I'd love to know...

         The boys also enjoyed the manmade rock-climbing area.  Tyler as usual was more daring than cautious Cody.  We rode the open trolley to the pier and visited the salt-water aquarium and the lookout at the top of the pier.  The bay was dark blue and choppy today. 

         We watched fishermen and some young men on jet skis while eating our hot dogs and resting before the long walk home.

         I'm tired... but am hoping to clean and finish my laundry before I call it a day. 

         It's sunny, warm and windy here --- a beautiful day to be outdoors.

         Have a nice weekend.

© Copyright 2008 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/573801-Saturday-March-15-2008