*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574503-My-bad
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#574503 added March 20, 2008 at 2:42pm
Restrictions: None
My bad
Coming to you live, from theresa 's laptop! *Laugh*

Couldn't help myself. Well, I have been busy, knocking out 3k at day trying to catch up in the NoWriMo that seems to have gotten away from me. It's not so bad though, because the muse is yakking............in my sleep. I get out of bed and start hammering out scenes like I'd just watched it on TV. Not too shabby! *Wink* Today I am behind by 4,289 words. If I can knock out 3k, again today, like I did the last three days, then I should be completely caught up by the weekend. As long as the muse is whispering in my ear, then all will be fine.

The boys are off school all week. Never had an Easter vacation before the actually holiday before. I swear Spring Break should actually take place........oh, I don't know......in spring. I know, it officially begins tomorrow, but what the hell, I like to bitch, it makes me feel better. *Wink*

Lebanon:I can't for the life of me come up a "good" story. So here is a tidbit from the evacuation from the war of 2006. Z has an infection in his stomach, but we don't know what kind because all of the labs are closed, they have all fled. The doctor has no choice but to put my 14 year old on two anitbiotics. We sit at my Hela and Ahmad's house, waiting for the call from the US embassey telling me it's time to go, but it never comes. After days of trying to reach the embassey on the phone, and three failed attempts to get inside, I finally get through. I was stunned, outraged, and crying when I am told that the only way I am leaving Lebanon is if someone from America sends the State Department a letter stating that 1--I am a US citizen, 2--I want to leave Lebanon......well duh. So I call my mother and have her take care of it for me. We are still supposed to wait for the call. Who gets the call????? Hubby, at about 4 in the morning. Granted the man hasn't been sleeping since the war began because his entire family lives in Beirut, and now his wife and kids are trapped as well. So we get the info that we are leaving Friday, be on the bridge at dawn. Not two hours later hubby calls again, we are to go now...IMMEDIATELY....We pack the suitcase.......because smaller bags are no where to be found in the entire country.......and head to the bridge, only to be told to go back home,they are done for the day.

Everyone gathers at Ahmad's that night, since we will be gone at the crack of dawn. I beg, and plead to leave the house at 5 am. They refuse to take me under the cover of darkness..............WHY??? Because anything that moves at night, is a taget. They are afraid that Isreal will shoot at us, so I am stuck waiting until the sun comes up. 5,000 people pack the bridge. We arrive around 5:30 in the morning.....

to be continued.

TTFN

© Copyright 2008 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574503-My-bad