*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574579-Who-comes-up-with-the-illest-ideas-Me-thats-who-Me
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#574579 added March 19, 2008 at 3:09pm
Restrictions: None
Who comes up with the illest ideas? Me, that's who. Me.
So in coversation with emptyelevators, and several other folks around the WDC Country, many of you have let it be known that it's almost too bad there hasn't been a WDC convention in awhile, and there prolly won't be one w/the pregnancy of SM/SMs. So I came up with a half-genius idea. Why not throw my own "Convention"?

Don't get all excited. I haven't hammered out all the details. Yet.

In no way would it be a site-wide convention. I'd even hesitate to call it a convention. Maybe a delegation? A gathering? A herding? Whatever man, I digress.

I look at it this way. I have a fairly large apartment so I could host a decent amount of people. The only drawback is one bathroom with one shower. That could get potentially riotous (and I have a sign hanging in my shower that says "By order of state law, it is unlawful to have more than 5 persons in this shower at a time". No bullshit.) and I don't need people burning my backyard like it's Woodstock. Oh snap, I never thought about that...there's a small amount of room in my backyard, people could tent and campout there as well! Score! (And I'm thinking about the timing being May/June, when it's warm but not too warm...maybe July).

So let's see...sleeping arrangements...2-3 on the fold-out couch in the living room, one on the recliner, one on the Papasan chair, plenty of floor space in the rest of the living room, one single bed in the spare room, 2 on the loveseat in the spare room (it reclines), maybe one or 2 more on the floor, one on the recliner in my room, and maybe one more in my bed (can probably hold 3, but someone's already got first dibs). And maybe a couple on the bedroom floor. And Wednesday's already called the tub or any little nook and cranny in the basment (which is huge and has lots of space, but it's kinda dank and spidery down there, and might have to function as a rain shelter for Tent City if the weather's bad). And for those unsure, I do live near a lot of hotels and the airport, but for that you're on your own.

It'd probably be a weekend thing...Fri-Sat-Sun. Friday we get you people in town, get you situated, and have some real pizza and chicken wings (and if anyone calls them "Buffalo Wings", you're getting sent home...do you think Chinese people say "let's order Chinese Food tonight"?). Maybe hang out and get to know each other. Depending on how many people show, I might rent a van for easy transportation. Saturday hmmm...breakfast, sightseeing, Elmwood Village, Galleria Mall, Mighty Taco for lunch (a Buffalo staple), Niagara Falls and Casino. Sunday breakfast, church is right down the street in case anyone feels the need, otherwise it'll be freetime, the afternoon we'll do something fun and memorable, and get you guys back home Sunday night. The itinerary of course is subject to change.

Keep in mind, this is only a loose idea. Of course I haven't thought it completely 100% of the way through. If there does seem to be some interest, maybe I'll start a forum with a pass-key (cuz I really don't think I want like 100 people at my house). So if anyone's interested, holla back at yer boy and I'll come up with something a little more formal.

And yes, this is one of the things I think about while you're out at work all day.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574579-Who-comes-up-with-the-illest-ideas-Me-thats-who-Me