*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574807-Eye-Teeth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#574807 added March 21, 2008 at 7:03am
Restrictions: None
Eye Teeth
The saga continues...

On the teeth front - mother's not mine.

It seems the set I found behind the bed *Sick* are mother's only pair. Top set are now in place if a little wobbly, but bottom set appear to be in two pieces and superglue not something I dare risk.

Don't want to take the chance of clamping her jaw together for the rest of her days do I? Or do I? Oh, please don't tempt me.

So, it looks like finding a dentist who is prepared to take her on and make her a new pair of glistening, well-fitted gnashers. Heaven help her if she loses them or decides to put them in the washer/cooker/dustbin/toilet/roof.

On the spectacle front.

I had a bright idea yesterday while out shopping with Big Pam. Mother insists on making life difficult by having two sets of spectacles; one for reading and one for distance. It's the reading ones that have gone awol.

Supermarkets, chemists and many other shopping outlets now sell very cheap 'Spare Pair' reading glasses. Aha, thought I, if I get mother a dozen pairs of these to store all over the house then our problem might be over and we can avoid a visit to the opticians.

So, home I came with a pair of said glasses. I tried them and could see print brilliantly through them. Big Pam tried them and agreed. Hubby tried them later and confirmed print looked really clear through them.

Today I took them to La La Land. My dad tried them on and could read print through them quite easily. Seems the only person who can't is the absent spectacle culprit herself. So, it's a trip to the opticians come Saturday morning for new specs for mummy. Wish me luck.

I suspect she just wants an excuse for an airing and will insist on taking hubby and I to the pub afterwards as a thank you. Oh, I'm so looking forward to that. Just hope she remembers to get up in time and put her clothes, shoes, teeth and one remaining brain cell in place.

You know, my life is so exciting I'm surprised I've not been approached by a multitude of publishers wanting to print the intimate details of all my riveting experiences.

I heard on the news the other day someone actually put their life for sale on ebay. I think I need to work on my CV and offer up this paradise to willing victims. All advice welcome but for now I have to take my tired and harrassed self to beddy. To sleep...perchance to dream...of teeth and lost spectacles no doubt...AHHHHH

© Copyright 2008 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574807-Eye-Teeth