*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574913-The-First-Day-of-a-New-Year
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#574913 added March 21, 2008 at 1:06pm
Restrictions: None
The First Day of a New Year
Istiqlál (Independence), 1 Baha (Splendor), 165 B.E. – Friday, March 21, 2008 about 9:47 AM PDT

Today is Naw-Rúz. The first of a New Year and I'm on a roll. Last night at the Naw-Rúz celebration I wrote five poems. This morning, so far, I've written one, but I suspect there may be more coming.

This looks like it's going to be a good year. Last year at this time my mother was in the hospital. I don't remember going to the celebration at the Baha'i Center last year. I don't remember writing poems on the first day of the year. The one thing I do remember about last year is worrying.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the year and accomplishing some of the goals I've set. There are several reasons 165 B.E. looks like a better year then 164 B.E. To begin with, my bank account isn't overdrawn. Then this morning I woke up in an optimistic mood. I have chocolate cake in the fridge and two chocolate bunnies in the freezer. OK, it doesn't take a lot to make me happy any more.

I renewed my car tag yesterday. I have gas in the tank and oil in the engine. I do need to get a new rim for my spare tire, but that will come. I'm attempting to focus on one-day-at-a-time. If I look too far ahead I'll only get upset or depressed. If I look too far ahead I will see all the obstacles in my way instead of a bright sunshiny day.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574913-The-First-Day-of-a-New-Year