*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574935
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1321774
Just some crazy things that really happen in this life of mine.
#574935 added March 21, 2008 at 3:57pm
Restrictions: None
March 21 2008
Hi everyone.

Well I opened up the business account. That was an enjoyable experience. Half the time I stared at a wall as the bank gal tried to figure out how to set up the account. The other half of the time I was correcting her mistakes and wondering if I was making a mistake. By the time I left the bank I felt emotionally drained. I had this starter checkbook thing and a bunch of papers that said I could deposit money with them.

Shouldn't it have taken less than an 1.5 hours to open the account if I already bank with them? Have banked with them for 10+ years? See them practically every week? Know them by name? Etc....

I know wah-wah. It is done.

Oh get this. There were 3 drug raids in this little town of mine on the same day. That in itself really isn't all that much of a news story (Unfortunately the standard joke is that this isn't Plattsmouth as much as it is Platts-meth).

What is the story? One bustee's cell phone was confiscated. Holy crap!!! You'd think that in a few days the jail will be bursting full of "recreational users". Everyone is freaking out...no-one is answering calls with numbers they don't recognize, in case it is the cops calling to see if they are potential "bustee's".

I can't help but laugh. I mean, yes, the police will eventually look at the numbers on the phone. But in the meantime...why act guilty, prepare your excuse...here's my suggestions.

Your number is probably one of his top five mis-dialed numbers.

Your number is on his billing statement because you were trying to figure out who kept hanging up on you.

Those were calls to get someone else's number, because you keep misplacing it.

You were trying to see if your kids were playing in his neighborhood.

Life...gotta laugh at it. Hopefully this will blow over soon.

© Copyright 2008 charmed01 (UN: dj1warner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
charmed01 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574935