*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/576975
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1321774
Just some crazy things that really happen in this life of mine.
#576975 added April 1, 2008 at 5:24pm
Restrictions: None
april fool's 2008
Well...Life. Sometimes I think the whole thing is a practiacl joke.

My baby sister had to prove she's an American citizen. She was born in Germany--I was born in England, our dads were in the military. I guess Mom liked to travel...I think she was a little bit on the guy crazy side too. I also think that she didn't know it was not the right thing to do to pack up and travel with another man who wasn't her husband....

Real long story.

Anyway, my sis has been working government jobs for 10 years. They decided that all their employees needed to prove their citizenship with a birth certificate. She had to contact Germany. They were more than willing to help. If she could prove that our Mom divorced my dad before she gave birth to her.

My mother isn't exactly proud of what she had done. So she told my sis that she couldn't remember where she got divorced. Ugh. We had to track down my dad and ask him. The divorce was finalized a few short months before she was born.

The thing is, when my dad was in Vietnam, she met up with another soldier. He swept her off her feet so much that she packed up her two daughters and left the US to be with this guy (baby sis's dad), without telling a soul. So when my dad came home...he had no family to greet him. He filed for divorce. It took him 4 years to locate his daughters. By then my mom was divorcing the newest soldier in her life. Funny, she signed a letter saying she wasn't going to contest the courts judgement....little did she know the hearings also included custody of her three daughters.

Practical joke? Nope. It's the real deal.

The divorce papers were filed in the county my baby sis lives in.

She thinks my dad is a freak-tard. I have to agree. I haven't spoken to him in over 20 years. He told me that my mama was a prostitute and that she never wanted to see us again. He told my other sis she died. Truth...she was supposed to have contact with us all though our lives. He just packed us up and moved us to Nebraska without telling anyone. Tit-for-tat, I guess.

© Copyright 2008 charmed01 (UN: dj1warner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
charmed01 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/576975