*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577093-Employment
Rated: XGC · Book · Biographical · #1375962
My new blog
#577093 added April 2, 2008 at 5:19am
Restrictions: None
Employment
I got a job!

I start on the 14th, at a place called 2k Games. I am going to be a Video Game tester. I'm supposed to test for bugs and whatnot.

It feels good to have a job, finally.

And video game tester...nice! Not many things better for a nerd like me. My sister asked if they provide Doritos and Red Bull. I don't know about the Doritos, but they may need to provide Red Bull, as it is the night shift, 5pm-2am.

But it makes me think...now that I have a job, I think I'd like to start going on MORE interviews, but interviews for jobs that I know I am not going to get, and don't even want. That way, I can fuck with the interviewers.

Them: So, why are you interested in working for us?

Me: Well, I've walked by the building a couple times, and I've seen a really hot chick in the uniform going in and out, so I thought that working here would be a great way of getting a shot with her.

Them: What would you say is your greatest strength?

Me: I have the entire Gilligan's Island theme song memorized.

Them: ...and your greatest weakness?

Me: (thinks) I steal. I mean, I steal a LOT. And not little things like pencils. Big things, like...computers...and...coworkers' cars...


That would amuse me to no end.

© Copyright 2008 Silver is 2 to the 5th Power (UN: movieman894 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Silver is 2 to the 5th Power has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577093-Employment