*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577117-Poetry-inspired
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#577117 added April 2, 2008 at 10:14am
Restrictions: None
Poetry inspired
I know you are probably getting sick of the color, but I just love it and don't wanna change it. So yesterday afternoon I was totally inspired and wrote this in 5 minutes flat. Tell me why I can't do this all the time. Honestly, it's one of the best things I've written.



TWIST OF FATE

The high is gone,
Reality sets in.
The heart still pounds
From the loss of him.

She sits and stews
Her mind in a whirl.
Betrayed by her body,
What a stupid girl.

What has she done?
What can she do?
Words aren’t enough,
Now they are through.

It was simply for fun,
Or at least she thought.
Harmless chatting,
And now she’s caught.

With no one to blame,
The guilt is too much.
Brokenhearted,
She longs for his touch.

But now it’s over,
And much too late.
She’s lost them both,
A cruel twist of fate.



I've been thinking about the blog and trying to come up with something that will both entertain, and be fun. So I am going to try a Word of the Day and see how it goes. This one is compliments of the silly youngsters in chat, and the Z master. Oh I miss high school.

Word of the day SMEXY Smexy is just so much fun to say, I don't know, it just rolls across the tongue nicely. *Laugh* The meaning of smexy is simple really, and take it anyway you want to, it is slang afterall. It is a cross between smell and sexy. *Wink* Think about that one for a bit.

EVAC VI Silence is golden, isn't that what they say? Well standing in that line you could hear a pin drop. We checked our luggage and went wait to board our plane. Only 90 of us. One woman in our party was lost and we couldn't leave without her. They finally found her, and were bussed out to our airplane. No commerical airlines for us, no. We were being handed ear plugs as we climbed up into the back of an Army Transport plane. These are the planes that they jump out of wearing parachutes, so the metal bar in our backs wasn't very comfortable. We flew from Cyprus to Ramstien Air Force Base in Germany. At the base, we were fed, and bought a $20 calling cards. It was at that point when I knew we were closer to safety, to the comforts of home. And I was growing weary and desperate to see hubby because I could just imagine how horrible all this was for him, with no family in the US and all of us over in the war. We get satillite tv, and have all of the Lebanese channels, and if you think cops is graphic, you got another thing coming. They stream live war footage and don't cut out for anything. War is real, people die, and the censorship going on in the US is revolting. But that's another story. I called my family, and put Edmund on with hubby so that he could keep in contact with his family until we arrived at Detroit Metro Airport.

TTFN

© Copyright 2008 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/577117-Poetry-inspired