*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578652-Geez-its-been-how-long
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#578652 added April 10, 2008 at 10:24am
Restrictions: None
Geez, it's been how long?
*Smile* I can't believe it's been close to three since I've had a chance to sit down and write. Boy, as the time FLOWN by. I've been very very busy.

Well, back on 22 MAR we celebrated Andrew's 6th birthday. We had about 8 kids over, which was a good size. I had a bouncy-house and we played several games with the kids. We did an Easter egg hunt, Egg toss, Musical chairs, and Pin #1 on Thomas. I passed out "outstanding" ribbons to all the winners (that I bought at Party City!) Andrew had a great time and he said the best part of his birthday was the bouncy. *Laugh*

The week after that was busy. It was Andrew's last week of school before Spring break. I still haven't had a chance to buy "thank yous" to send out! I went back to the story but they were out! Sigh... I'll try later on today.

Back in November I sighned up to help at the Golf Tournament my work was hosting. It was the 2nd Annual LAPD 911 Challenge cup. It was at the Knollwood Country Club, which is run by LA City Parks & Rec. It was in the valley and only about 20 minutes from the house. Last week I was helping out with that. We held the tournament on 4 Apr. We were hoping for 125 golfers and only got about 50. I think the tournament fell into the red, which is sad, because it was a lot of fun. I helped to check in people and then went around the course taking pictures. At the banquet dinner, I won 4 tickets to Disneyland and a bunch of golf balls. Haha.

On 5 April, I started my short vacation. Brent had been on vacation when Andrew went on vacation, a week earlier. We went to Legoland on Sunday, down in Carlsbad. It's just on the other side of Oceanside, which is right by Camp Pendleton. It wasn't crowded at all and Andrew had a good time. Joseph was well behaved. My mother-in-law her husband, Richard came with us. We decided to stay overnight and got a suite at the Hilton Homeward Suites in Carlsbad.

OMG! I have never stayed in such a nice hotel before. I was really impressed. Brent and I had our own bedroom and we had baby with us in a pack n play. Andrew was on a pull out bed and Carmy & Richard had their own room. We even had a kitchen area.

Joseph was a bit of a pistol having been in the stroller for so long. Everyone had a touch of sunburn that evening. We forgot the sun block in the car!

The next day, we went down to Seaworld. Joseph had to run around for about 45 minutes to work out his anxiety. I can't say I blame him, but it stressed me out because I was the one who had to follow him. Then I had to stay with him while everyone went to watch Shamu. After Shamu, we ate and then went to Shark Attack. I went in with Andrew while Brent stayed with Joseph. Brent found a shark puppet and played with Joe. The shark puppet was a bit hit and we bought it for him. Andrew wanted a penguin doll we got him one. He named Joseph's puppet "Sharky" and his penguin, "Snowy." haha.

Our trip back to Castaic took about 3 hours with traffic. Going down it took about 2 hours to get to Carlsbad, no traffic.

On Tuesday, Brent and I deposited our insurance check and went to look at F-150's at the Ford Dealer. Brent found one they liked and they gave him a great deal so we bought it. As soon as I have pictures, I'll put them up.

Yesterday was payday so we payed bills and shopped. Haha!! Everyone here has caught "golf fever" so we're going to take Andrew to the local mini-golf place today. Tomorrow we're going to see the Dodgers at Dodger Stadium.

Next Tuesday, it's back to work for me...sigh...
((hugs))
Steph

© Copyright 2008 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578652-Geez-its-been-how-long