*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578760-I-look-at-the-blank-page
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#578760 added April 10, 2008 at 9:03pm
Restrictions: None
I look at the blank page
Istijlál (Majesty), 2 Jalal (Glory), 165 B.E. - Thursday, April 10, 2008 about 5:44 PM PDT

I look at the blank page and wonder what to write. Maybe I should write about wandering through the paths of memory. Write about walking down the highways of my youth's discontent. Write about strolling through the forest of my middle age illusion. Write about hobbling down the side walks of my old age.

Wait a minute I'm not old. I'm not young either, but I'm not old. Perhaps I'm middle aged. Of course, that means that I will live to be about 120 years old. I'm not sure if I want to live to be 120. Maybe it would be nice if my living that long pissed somebody off. It would be nice to live that long if someone was encouraged or pissed off enough to want to live longer.

One thing about living to be 120 you can do all sorts of weird things, like doing a strip in front of the living room window with the curtains open or now curtains at all. I could do that and everyone would just pass it off as part of the aging process. I probably wouldn't do a strip though, I've seen myself naked in front of a mirror. I wouldn't want anyone to see me naked.

Well I've gotten over the blank page problem. I'm almost tempted to delete this and start over. Perhaps make it private, at least then no one would see it. I'm not sure, but I suspect what I've just written sounds a bit crazy. It's funny when I was growing up, it worried me that people would think the things I did were weird. However, the closer I get to the big seven-oh, the less worried I am about that.




© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/578760-I-look-at-the-blank-page