*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580776-Its-been-busy
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#580776 added April 21, 2008 at 10:33pm
Restrictions: None
It's been busy...
Last weekend kept me on my toes. I love wine. One day I hope to write a story about Napa wine country in Califorina. Anyhoo, the local collage, "COC" (College of the Canyons) has been offering personal enrichment wine classes. This past weekend, Brent and I went to a class called "Wines of the Old World," about wines from Germany, France, Italy, and Spain.

It was so informative! We learned about old World wine making and how to tell the difference between old and new wine. We had a blind taste test and I did well. The instructor is a Master Sommiler (sp?) and he teaches regularly at COC. The next class is wines about the New World next month, but I don't know if Brent and I will go to that one. We're more interested in California and Old World wines.

My toe is healing well and there's no more pain.

I need to get back to my weight watchers. I put on 4 pounds instead of losing. Now, trying to take them off is a challenge. I have to buckle down and two things which is my weakness: #1 JOURNAL!! and #2 eat more FRUITS & VEGGIES. Wish me luck for this week.

Writer's Digest came out with their JUNE 2008 with a 101 BEST writing websites. Writing.com made the list! Yay!! There are some wonderful resources listed and even if you don't subscribe but are serious about writing, pick up a copy of it.

Also, I just went through my 2008 NOVEL & SHORT STORY MARKET book and there are a ton of resources that you can take advantage from agents to markets who are looking for your short stories. Highly recommended.

Smiles, enjoy DWTS and have a great week!
Steph

© Copyright 2008 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580776-Its-been-busy