*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581032-A-Book-Review-from-me
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#581032 added April 23, 2008 at 12:26am
Restrictions: None
A Book Review from me
Well, I just finished reading a book called, "Rehearsal, A Different Drummer," by LK Hunsaker. You can find find her Writing.com as Voxxylady and on MySpace.

I enjoyed the rich characterization of the book the most. My favorite character was Kate. She came across as very real to me. Susie's loyality to her friend was very commendable. As for the guys, I liked Evan the best. He was a true, steadfast friend throughout. For me, he's the kind of guy that I wish I'd known growing up.

The time period of the novel is the 1970's. I thought Loraine did a great job capturing the feel of the 70's. Here's my review.

*******

Rehearsal, A Different Drummer

By: LK Hunsaker

623 pages

ISBN 0-7414-3267-6

$26.95

Infinity Publishing



Rehearsal assembles an ensemble cast to tell the story of a rock band, Raucous, that comes of age in the 1970's. The main plot focuses on the relationship between Evan, Susie, and Duncan. Ultimately, Susie pursues a relationship with Duncan, leaving Evan, her childhood friend, to wonder where he fits into her life. There are various subplots involving Kate and Mike, and the band's adventures on the road as an opening act for an established band.


Hunsaker tells an engrossing tale that takes the reader through every facet of the character's lives. There are numerous references to the 1970's that evoke the era. The characterization is "spot on," but the pacing slows the reader down. A satisfying ending leaves the reader looking forward to the sequel.


© Copyright 2008 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/581032-A-Book-Review-from-me