*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580777-My-Leg-Ultra-Sound-Report
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#580777 added April 21, 2008 at 10:36pm
Restrictions: None
My Leg Ultra Sound Report
It has been sometime now that I got back my report on my leg ultra sound. They were looking for artery obstruction. It's just that I got so busy with my books that I never bothered to mention it in a blog here.

Well, I got the good news and I got the not so good news. Good news being that I did not have any 'tightened' areas in my legs-arteries. Therefore I did not have to have any surgery.

The not so good news is that I have hardening of the arteries in my legs. The medical term for this is atherosclerosis. It means that I am at high risk of forming
a thrombus in a coronary artery. My legs were blocked 50% all the way down!

I can tell you I did not take this news lightly. My dr. understood how I was feeling about the news and he did hand me a kleenex. He's a nice guy. He put me on a blood thinner to help prevent any blood clotting.

Of course I am watching my diet even closer now. We are starting to eat fish more.I am cutting out the cheese almost entirely. I say almost because I have cut way back on it...but did have very little on a sandwich. That is a hard one for me as I love cheese!


I have begun the Chantix non smoking program that my dr. chose for me. It seems to be working fine with me so far. I am determined to make it work!

It's a matter of life or death to me now.

I need to walk more , however nasty the weather is outside.

I'm considering buying a treadmill type piece of equipment. I have not researched that one as yet.

I go back to my dr. May 21st. he will schedule me for a heart scan after that.

I told him that I had had a heart cath done about 15 years ago. At that time I was having chest pains and packing a two year old grandson on my hip while his Mom attended classes five days a week. The heart cath showed that the veins in my heart did not grow to the bottom of my heart as is normal. I was experiencing ischemia I was told.

So stupid me- I continued to smoke cigarettes. I had the no fear back then.

I have the fear now...finally. You might say I am a slow learner. Of course I already knew that something was wrong there...long before that. You just sense those things.

I always knew that I was not normal.*Wink*

I am not looking forward to this heart scan.*Pthb*

At least our weather is improving somewhat*Smile*




My Bikers Sig gifted to me from Sultry Enchantress


© Copyright 2008 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580777-My-Leg-Ultra-Sound-Report