*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580988-A-New-Beginning
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#580988 added April 22, 2008 at 9:19pm
Restrictions: None
A New Beginning
Fidál (Grace), 14 Jalal (Glory), 165 B.E. - Tuesday, April 22, 2008 about 6:02 PM PDT

Beginning on Wednesday, April 23, I am going to work outside my home from 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM. I am looking forward to this because I have not worked outside my home for over two years. This is going to be interesting for several reason.

I am working with young people and I am a Foster Grandmother. I should not say working, but I am not sure what other word to use at this point. Working sounds so boring and joyless. That is why I am not sure it is the right word. What I am doing is nether boring or joyless.

Other events in my life have to do with the Triquatrain I am working on for the Stretch Your Style 2 poetry challenge. I have decided to write about two weather related phenomena from my childhood that brings me the most joy. Those two phenomena are lightning and rainbows. I know it sounds odd to put those two together in the same poem, but I am going to attempt it.

Today I feel as if I am beginning my life over again. Of course, it is evening and today was an eventful day. However, I have dealt with a range of emotions from tears to happiness. My mother is doing well, she does the laundry and washes the dishes. She is talking about sweeping the floor and mopping it. I would rather she cleaned off the dining room table (still in the living room) and the little black table (which goes in the breakfast room, but is in the dining room with the hospital bed). However, I am not going to tell her what to do. I am going to praise her efforts.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/580988-A-New-Beginning