*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/582784
by Shaara
Rated: E · Book · Children's · #970570
This selection of stories and poems will enchant the child in you.
#582784 added May 1, 2008 at 10:53pm
Restrictions: None
Another Adventure of Super Mouse
Another Adventure of Super Mouse



This is a mouse on a skateboard.



I was coming around the corner, whistling and thinking about some cheese, when out pounced Mean Cat. Because of the sneakiness of his attack, he took me completely by surprise. His six pointy whiskers were so close, they almost poked me in the stomach.

"Ack!" I screamed, and I backed faster than a mousetrap snaps. Then I pushed my foot forward and skated away. Of course, Mean Cat chased me, but I'm Super Mouse with my skateboard under my feet. The wheels churned round and round, and I sped off. Mean Cat pounced and pounced again, but I skillfully evaded him each time, leaning to the right, leaning to the left, curving to the side, stopping, starting, spinning about and whirling around a rock. Super Mouse is always too quick for Mean Cat.

And then I saw it -- one of those great trenches, planted trickily in the human sidewalk. I prepared my stance, readied my feet, and I soared over it. Super Mouse conquers another enlarged and weed-growing sidewalk crack! Yeah!

However, Mean Cat, seeing that major fissure* in the cement, forgot I was Super Mouse. He thought I'd fall, and he launched another attack. He didn't know that Super Mouse can soar even over huge canyons in the cement. He pounced, and I flew. Mean Cat missed and landed in a heap.

Then he hissed and snarled at me, but he knew he was defeated. I looked back and saw him glaring at me.

"Ha! Ha!" I laughed. "Super Mouse triumphs again!"

Mean Cat pretended he didn't care. He raised up his hind leg and began bathing right there in public. It was so rude.

I, Super Mouse, skated off, soared over another great, big trench. Then I skimmed on down the street, whistling and thinking about cheese.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*A fissure is a huge crack in a rock.


© Copyright 2008 Shaara (UN: shaara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shaara has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/582784