*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/583345-A-shout-out-to-my-friend-Starr
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#583345 added May 5, 2008 at 1:31am
Restrictions: None
A shout out to my friend, Starr
I just wanted to take some time today to give a shout out to my friend, Starr Phenix

I've known her now for over 10 years, but we first corresponded over the Internet when she was in Georgia. She was a big Roger Howarth fan and so was I. It was 1998 and I got hooked on "One Life to Live," during the "TnT" years. Shortly afterwards, she moved to Cali - the Victorville area which was about 1 hour from my house. It was great to have a friend since I wasn't native either.

I used to visit Starr out in the desert. I always enjoyed my visits. We talked about Soaps and our writing.

I loved how Starr expressed herself - so openly and honestly. I firmly believe we're kindred spirits.

When it came to writing, Starr inspired me. We started on soap opera fan fiction but soon expanded to our own writing. When Starr showed me her "Once Upon A Time Series," she blew me away. That was fantastic writing. She had a fan in me for life, but then she already had... *Blush*

She joined WDC first but I joined shortly thereafter. Anything she writes I know I'll read it and enjoy it. She does her homework. She's da' bomb.

Starr moved back to Alabama shortly after Joseph was born. (Sep 2006) She's from Alabama and it was time for her to go home to her family. I know the Internet will help keep us in touch, but still I miss her daily presence on the Net. She's working now and just doesn't have the time like she used to get on.

The other day she called, but I couldn't talk much because I was at work on my lunch break. I tried to call her back but her phone battery died. Sigh...

If you get a chance, and you like fantasy/family saga, check out her "Once Upon a Time" series.

Sniff...sniff...I just want to say I miss her. She's my muse, my devil's advocate, my writing buddy, my friend.

© Copyright 2008 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/583345-A-shout-out-to-my-friend-Starr