*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/583908-A-little-insight-intoPisces
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#583908 added May 8, 2008 at 1:38am
Restrictions: None
A little insight into...Pisces
I've always loved astrology. I find it uncanny that my zodiac description fits me to a tee. A couple days I looked at VIRGO to see what my son was up to. Today, I thought I'd take a look at Pisces. My husband, Brent, is a Pisces, having been born on Feb. 24th.

From Wikkipedia:

Pisces is the twelfth astrological sign in the Zodiac, which originates from the Pisces constellation. In western astrology this sign is no longer aligned with the constellation because of the precession of the equinoxes. Pisces is represented by a pair of fish that are swimming in opposite directions, but remain held together at the tail by a cord. In astrology, Pisces is considered a feminine or negative sign. It is also a water sign, and is one of four mutable signs. Being the twelfth sign, Pisces is associated with the astrological 12th house.

Pisces has been traditionally ruled by the planet Jupiter, but since its discovery, Neptune has been considered a modern ruler of this sign. Some astrologers mostly use one to the exception of the other, but some consider them to be co-rulers of this sign and essentially use both (see Domicile).

Individuals born when the Sun was in this sign are considered Pisces individuals. Under the tropical zodiac, the Sun is in Pisces roughly from February 19 to March 20.

Okay, that's the basics...let's move on...

One of the most popular stories regarding the mythological origin of Pisces is the story of Aphrodite and Eros. The story involves Aphrodite and her son Eros escaping from the terrible monster Typhon by turning themselves into fish and hiding underwater until it was safe to come back to the surface. As fish, they tied their tails together with a cord so that they wouldn't lose one another while swimming in the darkness of the deep water. Upon hearing their tale, Zeus rewarded the pair by placing them among the stars as the constellation of Pisces.

That Zeus, always up to something..

The following traits are widely associated with Pisces.


malleable / impressionable - At times, maybe...
gentle Yes, definately
good natured / easygoing For the most part, my husband is.
likable / kind Yes, it's one of his most appealing traits
compassionate / sympathetic I think he might have lost track with this one being a police officer and all. I see these traits more when he deals with the kids.
sensitive
impractical / dreamy YES!!! OMG he can just drift off...
instinctual / intuitive
imaginative / artistically able Yes, there's some artistic traits here - he loves to play guitar.
versatile
gullible / naive
spiritual Ah, no. Spiritual, he ain't.
escapist
unselfish Yes, I would say this.

Attributes
Likes Feeling appreciated,feeling loved, freedom, stability, mystical settings/enchantment, dreaming, having their input valued, being unique

I agree. He likes being stable, and I need that. I can flighty, less so now. He does like having his opinion valued.

Dislikes Feeling vulnerable, having no goals to move toward, feeling invalidated, being criticized, illiteracy, noisy scenes and displays, having no sense of structure Yes to it all. I must be careful, because sometimes flighty Gemini can injure and not mean it.

From: www.astrology-online.com/pisces.htm

Pisces,
Pisceans possess a gentle, patient, malleable nature. They have many generous qualities and are friendly, good natured, kind and compassionate, sensitive to the feelings of those around them, and respond with the utmost sympathy and tact to any suffering they encounter. They are deservedly popular with all kinds of people, partly because their easygoing, affectionate, submissive natures offer no threat or challenge to stronger and more exuberant characters. They accept the people around them and the circumstances in which they find themselves rather than trying to adapt them to suit themselves, and they patiently wait for problems to sort themselves out rather than take the initiative in solving them. They are more readily concerned with the problems of others than with their own.

They are sexually delicate, in the extreme almost asexual, and most Pisceans would want a relationship in which the partner's mind and spirit rather than the body resonated with their own. Unfortunately they can be easily misled by a lover who courts them delicately and in marriage makes them unhappy by a coarser sexuality than they expected. They are nevertheless intensely loyal and home-loving and will remain faithful.

From: http://www.romantic-tips.com/pisces.shtml

PISCES & GEMINI: - Your emotional blackmail will usually hold a Gemini, however sorrow almost always prevails. A very destructive union for both parties involved.

From: http://www.exploringpsychics.com/love-match.html

You look to your instincts instead of logic and facts. You are empathetic, intuitive and honest. You go with the flow and choose not to fight the current.

Perfect match: Cancer, Scorpio
Almost perfect: Taurus, Capricorn
Opposites attract: Leo, Libra
Signs to learn from: Aries, Aquarius
Not your destiny: Gemini, Sagittarius

From: http://www.astrology-insight.com/compatibility/pisces_with_gemini.htm

Both signs here are mutable and will be changing things and themselves at an alarming rate, and after several false alarms, these two might be able to make it. Not one of the best astrological matches, Gemini and Pisces would be better off seeking companionship elsewhere.

pisces and gemini - astrological compatibility rank = 3 (10 is best)

Both of these people are usually "live and let live" types, but it's a stretch here. Gemini, always on the go, active, stirring the pot mentally stimulated. Pisces, on the other hand, is intuitive, dreamy, sensitive and driven by emotional content.

Like I said, we're not the best pick of the pot, considering our zodiac descriptions are so accurate, but hey, we've been married for 16 years now. I think we fit into the "Might be able to make it." haha. *Laugh*






© Copyright 2008 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/583908-A-little-insight-intoPisces