*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/583953
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1321774
Just some crazy things that really happen in this life of mine.
#583953 added May 8, 2008 at 10:51am
Restrictions: None
may 8, 2008
Yesterday was a very stressful day. I was supposed to have the morning off from driving taxi so I could get laundry done. HAHAHAHA. That didn't happen. I'm clinging to the hope that these next few days, as I prepare for my daughter's graduation, that he will hold to his promise to call an hour before he needs me.

My last pick-up yesterday..I got lost. I missed my turn. I called the dispatch, told them my street location and that I knew I missed my turn a few blocks back. Thing is, when you miss this turn, you need to get back to the point before you missed the turn. It will take a 5 minute drive to get back. That's fine. I still have a 30 minute wait before pick-up, and I'm only a few blocks away. Right??? HAHAHAHA

45 minutes later, I'm now five miles away from where I need to be. I have the boss on the phone, telling him that I was there, now I'm here. Not for nothing, even I know that 132nd street is not the same as 108th.

I was ready to cry. Dispatch is supposed to know where people are going, and how to give directions. I parked the cab, the boss personally came to get me. He guided me back. I showed him where I made the call from, and he said "That's my mistake. I didn't know that 108th was the road you needed to be on. I thought you needed to be on 114th."

And he owns the company????

What's the real kicker is that the owner of the company makes directions to a location a long drawn out process. Let's say I need to drop someone off at University hospital, here's how it goes.

Owner: Take the Kenedy Freeway North. That's into Omaha. You know it is highway 75, going up to the interstate. But before you get to the interstate, make sure you are in the right hand lane. Traffic doesn't slow down. So be sure you are in the right lane. Then at the 42nd exit take a turn, heading east. Keep going East until you get Center. Don't forget that after Center Street the lanes become one way turns. So stay in the center lane. Keep going. Then you go past Emile. At Emily make sure you get into the turning lane and you will see two hospital complexes. The first complex is the University. Turn North.

(I normally tune out if I know how to get there.. I only pay attention when I don't know.)

Owner: Any questions? (I shake my head) Just so I know, repeat the directions.

Me: 75 N, I-80 W, turn right on 42nd, go ten minutes, University on left.

Owner: (blinks a few times (I think he's trying to prove I don't know where I am going)) Yeh. Okay, after that go to....

Oh by the way, my Jesse James fare....he is now going through male menopause and has to get shots...he also sprained his ankle since the last pick-up. Needless to say he didn't finish his paper or start his book of poetry.





© Copyright 2008 charmed01 (UN: dj1warner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
charmed01 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/583953