*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/584364-Lifes-just-too-short-little-ndugu
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#584364 added May 10, 2008 at 10:02pm
Restrictions: None
Life's just too short little ndugu.
Never met, talked with or hugged a better bunch of dudes than these guys, ".moneen.. And how they manage to keep this kind of energy up throughout an entire concert amazes me...it has to be seen to be believed. You may possibly tire yourselves out watching this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh63YtSJBXc&feature=related

This one's for you, Goldie. *Laugh*

So I get a phone call from my friend Nicole the other day, and as usual she has to greet me with some random thing to say. Which I'm usually prepared for. But I will admit, she did catch me a little off guard with this one..."When I die, what are you gonna say at my eulogy?"

WTF!! How do you even answer that?? *Confused* Is that a question you can even answer? Now keep in mind that she's a healthy 24 year old with no intention of dying anytime soon. And she will probably outlive me.

Isn't asking that question kinda like eavesdropping on a conversation? And as if answering the question isn't bad enough (because she really had me on the spot), she tells me I should "write about it in your blog". Yikes *Rolleyes*. So here, dear loyal readers, I present to you the eulogy of my lovely friend, Nicole (bring your own tissues).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El5d8C47GzE

Good morning. We're here not to mark the death of a friend and loved one, but to celebrate the life and spirit of Nicole. A friend, lover, sister, daughter and wife. She was all those things and many more to a lot of us here today.

She was caring and compassionate, and always looking out for others. Personally she helped me get through a trying time in my life, as I'm sure she did for many of you here as well, in any kind of way.

But I think the one thing we'll remember most about Nicole was her voice. When she got that loud mouth of hers going full-bore, her chuckle could be heard for blocks. That, and I guarantee you if you open up that casket now, she's still fidgeting around and dancing, even in the afterlife.
(**Taps on casket**...Hey! Knock it off in there! Settle down!) In everything she accomplished in her long and meaningful life, there was always movement.

Personally, I'll always remember during an intimate moment in the dark how she couldn't see me, and as she rolled over she elbowed me in the nose with such force that my teeth hurt for two days straight. I think we both had a little too much whiskey that night.

I just want to take this one last chance to say goodbye. You may be gone, but you will not be forgotten. For the next couple days at least.


*Check1*So there it is. Cross that off my list of things to do today. And don't worry...I know some of you might be concerned about me mentioning sex and alcohol during a eulogy. Well, I'm pretty certain that once I make it up the steps of the church, God will strike me down with a bolt of lightning and forbid me to enter her house of worship. Therefore, I really don't need to have a eulogy prepared anyway.

Alright enough of this nonsense for one day. It's too nice outside to be screwing around. Time to go get my laziness on. Have a great day.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/584364-Lifes-just-too-short-little-ndugu