*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585377-TRYING-TO-HAVE-A-NERVOUS-BREAKDOWN
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1407297
These are my rambles, my thinking as I grow younger and younger.
#585377 added May 16, 2008 at 3:01am
Restrictions: None
TRYING TO HAVE A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN
}O.k. Folks, what is the deal these days? It was a perfectly good morning, I woke up and immediately went into a crying jag, went into depression and anxiety mode, and sobbed my way to the living room. Not a clue what I was crying about, why, just emptying my tear ducts, I guess.

Then, a friend who is visiting for awhile, gets up and wants to know why I'm crying, and THEN says something....and makes me start giggling, and then laughing. She said, "Well, I sure ruined your crying time, didn't I?" I said, "You sure as hell did, darn it..........go away and let me have my mini breakdown!!!"

I don't know why the world has to interrupt those of us who NEED a brief nervous breakdown, maybe just for a day, or an hour. Real Life just keeps getting in the way. I can't find one lousy hour to sink into depression mode, to feel pathetic self-loathing or pitiful self pity........I'm entitled to at least have a good cry, aren't I? Once in awhile...............

Nope, the world says.."BUCK UP', "SNAP OUT OF IT"..........bunch of party poopers........I'm trying to have a nervous breakdown, folks..............please, world....just give me one day when it can be scheduled into my life.

Now I'm totally out of the mood, and have entered the "happy" zone. Who knows when I'll be able to pencil in my next crying jag - guess I'll have to dig out the old, meloncholy Billie Holiday records, or the lonely Judy Collins albums.........and throw in a bit of Joni Mitchell and some old blues songs from Lena Horne or Ella (about how their men done them wrong).

To all of you trying to have your nervous breakdowns this week, I feel for you. It's a bitch trying to fit them in between the cell phones ringing at you, the kids squacking, the boss holding numbing meetings, and your mate being ever an eternal HAPPY person............it's just impossible nowadays.

Oh well, I'll try again next week........maybe I'll have better luck.

Cheers for now!!



© Copyright 2008 njames51 (UN: njames51 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
njames51 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585377-TRYING-TO-HAVE-A-NERVOUS-BREAKDOWN