*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586843-BEING-POSITIVE
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1407297
These are my rambles, my thinking as I grow younger and younger.
#586843 added May 24, 2008 at 4:56am
Restrictions: None
BEING POSITIVE
{font: arial} Is being positive a GOOD thing? I wonder sometimes. Is it just an illusionary view we cover our faces with?
Are positve people just ignoring the realities of the world? Do we snatch onto idealism, optimism, cheary outlooks - because we are really fools? And are we unwilling to face what is REAL? I wonder if my blocking out the BAD things happening in the world is only my escape, and I hide out and focus on Positive thinking....just as a school child daydreams out the window in class.

I don't know......I constantly listen or view web sites where folk are SOOOOOOOO  angry, frustrated, cynical, carrying no HOPE, LOVE or FAITH. They've given up. And all they have left is whining and complaining about others or about the state of the world. They attack one another visciously, their views are the CORRECT views, they BLAME everyone else for their problems.

They never just have FUN........old fashioned fun, playtime, giggling, laughing....smiling.

Am I too much in the positive, optimistic mode? Too much the day dreamer, too much believeing that all with be as it should be?

I'm a minority I suppose.....the age of Bobby Kennedy is gone, the age of JFK is gone, the age of Martin Luther King is gone,
the age of the Peace Corps, the age of helping DFevelopmentally Disabled kids is gone, the age of volunteeering is gone....of Habitat For Humanity is gone.

I guess I can't change my upbringing, the lessons my parents taught me, modeled for me a a child - happines, "Buck Up", think positively, smile, and someone will smile back.

I KNOW there must be Positive thinking people out there - people who still have HOPE and FAITH. There has to be.

Maybe my head is in the sand, but I'm pretty aware of words I say to others, trying to encourage them in their down times. And I have friends who rally to me when I get gloomy. I guess The Lord and The Guardian Angels give me the positive outlook on life.

I enjoy being cheerful, I enjoy the reaction I get from strangers when I smile at them. They are always shocked.....but they seem to walk away with a lighter step, some recognition that they exist. The neighborhood I live in is filled with folks who wave at me, smile at me - they don't even know my name.....but it feels good towave and smile at someone.

Is being Positive only a mask, or can Postive actions ripple outward to another person and make them feel a little joy? I've been told, I live in La-La -La land........yet, if I don't do MY part in trying to stay upbeat, despite my own problems, then I've only joined the mob on television who continually complain, bitch, moan, and complain.

That's a negative force for me........I cannot stand to be around negative people. They fill my tiny space with bad energy. I try to find the positive folks in life - I've found many on-line. And we focus on the blessings we have, not as far as money - but just being gratefull for a bed to sleep in, food to eat,...the little things, everyone seem to take for granted.

Is Positivity wrong.....am I out of touch? Looking for the good in a situation or finding good in a person who is very angry, and bitter...........it only takes a moment to listen and feel the wind blow, to appreciate the Sunshine, to hear the bird outside your tree chirping in the morning, truely LOOK at the beauty of the world God has designed.

I'm going to stay Poitive a long as I gain, despite obstacles I've had to face. I refuse to be defeated. I will stay Optimistic as long as possible. My Mom always said......"what can you do about what happened yesterday? Today is the day to begin again, and go out and enjoy life, talk to people, laugh, have fun, enjoy the day God has given you..."

She was right....she played golf 3 months before she died....and went out on New Year' Eve all decked out to go dancing. She refused to waste any time on self-pity or negative thoughts. When it wasn't fun anymore, she went into the hospital and quietly joined the Angels, two months later, and refused to hear me weep - she said......."I have had a great time, worked, danced, partied, gone on trips, played golf, worked, remodeled my house, planted my rose bushes, went off thrift shopping........and loved my childhood sweetheart until the end. " She LOVED her life, she loved LIVING every second of everyday.

I wish I was more like her - but I am not as active as she was up until age 80 - but I retained this POSITIVE view of life - she instilled it into me. Anything negative, you find one positive piece to laugh about - no sense crying - just get on with life.

Maybe I'm a fool, yet even when I feel depressed or lonely, I remember my Mother's words, and I snap out of it for her. She would want me to be the dreamer of magic dreams, the poet sending poems of love and hope to others, the idealist believing that God is in His Heaven, and all is right with the world. Even at night, God is always up.......the Angels are always around........
the Moon fades and the Sun appears..........and the new day appears. Another day to be positive and to do a little part to make the earth and people feel a little better.

I'm not a fool - I'm a realist - and I have HOPE and FAITH even at my lowest. I may get conned or suckered by folks I help...but that's THEIR issue. I guess I learned from my Mom - who took in every stray, every despondant person, fed them, put them to work, and never, ever judged them. She is the reason I am who I have become.

So, if you're feeling cynical, hopeles, thinking the world is in shambles, angry at bossess, wives, husbands........STOP, and adjust your attitude, show empathy...........and remember we're all just doing the best we can right now, today, at this moment.

Smile, try to avoid reading bad stuff - violence, murders, disasters........encase yourself with a space of chearyness, goodwill, positive, happy thinking. LAUGH at the world...and smile at a stranger.........it'll make YOU feel better..........


*Smile*  *Balloon2*  *Flower6*

Happy Holiday Weekend folks..............tell somebody you love them!



© Copyright 2008 njames51 (UN: njames51 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
njames51 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586843-BEING-POSITIVE