*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585733-What-the-frick-is-wrong-with-people
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#585733 added May 18, 2008 at 5:25pm
Restrictions: None
What the frick is wrong with people?
Wasn't gonna say anything today. I woke up way too early and read Kåre Enga going to Montana 's entry. Normally I try to keep the mood in here light, but I can't, nope. Not today.

With all due respect to K and others, the local news has been full of two scandals involving area high schools and their blatant mishandlings in each case.

*Bullet* In an inner-city school, a volunteer girls' basketball coach was removed from her position and a player was suspended from school -for 7 weeks- because a well-respected mens' coach was having relations with the girl's cousin. The principal turned a blind eye to everyone, choosing to find any reason to suspend the girl, when all she did was use her cell phone to alert the volunteer coach of what was going on. This merits a 7 week suspension? One of my brothers pretty much broke a kid's face against a wall during a fight and got a 5-day detention. But this girl was the whistleblower against something she felt wasn't right, the volunteer coach the team loved was let go, the school board spent $25000 on an "investigation", and the public will probably never know the truth.

*Bullet* A baseball team in a rural community recently had their season cancelled due to a hazing incident on their bus. Apparently a varsity player or players stuck an object into someplace in a jv player where objects aren't designed to go. The coaches were at the front of the bus; this occured at the rear (uhh, no pun intended, but the local news spared us details but you can probably guess). After cancelling the season there was a public hearing to discuss the events. The coaches, who were also teachers in the district, were suspended with pay (as per a bullshit union contract). At these hearings, NO ONE came out in defense of the victims. They bitched and moaned over the loss of their beloved coaches, and how their kids might miss out on scholarships because they can't participate in their activity. Let me say this...if you're relying on high school ball as your meal-ticket, you're fucking delusional. And your kid is probably the friggin' perpetrator. Nobody thinks about these innocent victims...the community blames them for "ruining their season". Fuck that! How shortsighted is that? I'm sorry, but that's un-fucking-imaginable behavior from adults. Yes, a couple of bad apples will ruin it for the rest of the bunch. If your kid was so great, why'd he condone or promote sexual assault toward his own teammate? Oh and the kicker to this saga? Reports are surfacing that these incidents have happened in previous years and the coaches knew, but never said a word.

Ok I'm done ranting. I just got to thinking and thinking...and the more I thought, the more I became enraged by how ass-backwards some things are. Laws aren't always culturally viable nor do they adapt. The human nature should not be to encourage violence toward one another in any way, shape or form. Society becomes a joke when we allow and condone the mistreatment of others while those that can do something -anything- to stop it (from any position small or large) sit back and do nothing. A fucking joke. Who the fuck is laughing now?

Aaaaaaand I think I may mosey on over now to the ratings section and GC myself before someone else does...

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585733-What-the-frick-is-wrong-with-people