*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586190-An-email---
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#586190 added May 20, 2008 at 9:21pm
Restrictions: None
An email . . .
Just received this email from my stepmom.  I'd talked to my dad over the weekend, and knew generally that Grandpa was failing . . .

|Dad has been in the Gallen Insitute for more than two years now.  At first he was totally involved with his surroundings and read the paper daily (well, the sports section, anyway)  and followed the Giants football team and his beloved Mets.  He went to services at least daily and maintained a wonderful relationship with the Rabbi.  Many of the employees at the Institute remembered him as the devoted caregiver of his wife and always greeted him with warmth and respect.  . 

At the holidays, which he spent at Sandy's and recently at Jodi and Michael's home, he kvelled at the joy of seeing the traditions passed on to the new generation.  Each holiday, while we saw how much he enjoyed these occasions, we also saw his decline.  At the last seder, he wasn't speaking but could follow along in haggadah during some of the seder.

Sadly, in the last few weeks, we saw a significant decline and we were told that his kidneys are failing.  It was recommended that he go onto hospice care (in his regular room) to insure his comfort during this next stage.  Dad was 98 years old in December and, while he has surprised us before, we know that the end may be sooner than later. 

We wanted just to let you know what is happening so you could keep Dad in your thoughts and prayers.


** Image ID #1417474 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586190-An-email---