*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586624-telemarketers
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#586624 added May 22, 2008 at 11:36pm
Restrictions: None
telemarketers
Bill is currently on the phone to a surveyor of some sort, maybe cars, from the sound of it. They've evidently asked him about servicing his cars, because he's talking about tires.

We always take them to Les Schwab for everything. They're fast, accommodating and do a good job. Bill is now having a good time talking though. He's going on and on about the mileage on his Prius, the touring package, and hybrids in general. He also told her about Phil Wick, a former chairman of Les Schwab who used to be his neighbor. Bill told her they'd had him stuffed and displayed in the home office when he died. (He admitted later that he didnt' know if Phil was still alive or not. If you are, sorry Phil!) In between his funny stories he's answering a question or two. I hope she's enjoying this interview as much as he is!

She's evidently from Las Vegas, because he's now telling her about visiting area 51. He equated Prineville, the home of Les Schwab, with Elko, a town in the middle of nowhere.

He says she didn't even know how to pronounce Prius when they began talking, and now he has her convinced she should be ashamed not to be getting 47 mph! He really ought to be a salesman!

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586624-telemarketers