*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586837-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1429795
A young man tells his story of love,family tragedy, and friendship,
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#586837 added May 24, 2008 at 10:47am
Restrictions: None
Prologue
                                              
Prologue


         There are times in our lives where I'm sure that all of us feel lonely or sad, for some of us, this feeling dissipates after a short period of time, for others, it takes long amounts of time for these feelings to give up the ghost. Am I correct to make these assumptions?  But even so, what about those who require that certain "something" in order to be happy?  I'm guessing you know what I mean by that "something", I'm talking about love.

         Love is said to be the cure-all for everything. When you were young and you were running around in our front yards playing with your friends, then you suddenly fall and get a boo-boo, mom of course came darting over to take care of it, what do you think she was showing by doing that?  Love of course! When you were in high school, you're walking down the hall during lunch, then suddenly someone turns to you and completely bulldozers you with hurtful remarks in front of everyone, then you go outside to sit alone, while you're crying, someone then walks up to you and sympathizes with you, then they say "man what nerve, what makes them think they have any right to say such hurtful words", what do you think they are showing right there? Once again, they were showing love and compassion.

         Love is a very important factor for our emotional health, without it, I don't think most of us would survive. It's very disturbing to know, that there are people out there that would want to deprive others of such a necessity. It's truly sickening for one to know, that there are people out there that derive pleasure from our emotional sufferings and beatings.  I've been on the end of the beating stick before, so I know what it's like. Let's go back a few years so I can show you what I'm talking about. Oh gosh, it's been so long, yet it seems like only yesterday. My name is Sean Brookes, and this...is my story.
© Copyright 2008 shadowchicken477 (UN: shadowchicken2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
shadowchicken477 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/586837-Prologue