*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587342-Chapter-9
Rated: 13+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1430797
An action-packed thriller in the vein of Dan Brown...
#587342 added May 26, 2008 at 7:47pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 9
Chapter 9


Agent Camillin mindlessly hoisted a large wooden beam off Dean MacDougle's chest and heaved her limp body over his shoulder and ran for help. Nearly tripping over a chunk of fallen debris, he caught sight of his partner, Afridi, laying face down in a pile of rubble. His arm twisted, obviously broken. He wasn't moving.
         "Christ," he hollered, struggling to find an EMT or anything at all for that matter in the thick chalky haze. His lungs hurt from sucking in the milky clouds of dust and soot. "DiBianco!" he yelled. "Where the hell are ya, you son-of-a-bitch!"
         Flaring through the gassy death-cloud flickered the pulsing strobe of red and white.
         A fire truck.
         Mist hit his face. They were still soaking the building.
         "Hey," he shouted at the four firefighters. "One of you, give me a hand ... now!"
         A fireman immediately leapt from his station and grabbed the Dean, laid her on the ground, and began CPR.
         Camillin ran back to where he had seen his partner. He barely knew him, but was sworn to serve and protect his fellow men. The cloud was blinding. Nothing looked familiar.
         "Uluba!" Breathing hurt. He began to hack. His sinuses burned like fire, and his tongue and throat were parched.
         "Uluba, where are you?"
         Camillin felt his right ankle pop. His knee gave way and he fell, striking his head on a slab of concrete and steel.
         His vision blurred, then turned black.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2008 Keith Katsikas (UN: kkatsikas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Keith Katsikas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587342-Chapter-9