*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587343-Chapter-10
Rated: 13+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1430797
An action-packed thriller in the vein of Dan Brown...
#587343 added May 26, 2008 at 7:48pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 10
Chapter 10


DiBianco searched under the bumper, the wheel-wells, even the rocker panels. The key wasn't anywhere. His heart raced like pure madness. He searched the front bumper. Nothing.
         He plopped on the pavement in front of the car and laid his face in his hands. I can't believe this is happening, he thought.
         For years he had suspected his theories--one in particular anyway--would generate tension, even hatred among biblical scholars and Catholic leaders, however he never dreamt it would ever come to this ... an attempt on his life.
         As for the stolen manuscripts and the seemingly related assassinations, he hadn't a damn clue. And now it seemed he'd have no chance to clear his name. The gig was up. It was over. They would find him and would have no doubt about his guilt. After all, he ran, and that proves guilt, does it not?
         Then he saw it.
         Tucked deep inside the grill of the Mustang was a tiny black box with a golden key printed on the cover.
         BINGO!
         He frantically fished the box out of the Mustang's snout and removed the key from inside.
         Throwing the UPS cap and jacket to the ground DiBianco hopped into the drivers seat and cranked the wild beast to life. The rush of the engine made the hair on the back of his neck jump to attention.
         "I've got to get me one of these!"
         But just when the excitement flooded his senses, the harsh reality lashed at him. This is going to give me away. If the Dean was anywhere near there, it was over.
         Throwing the shifter into reverse and releasing the clutch, DiBianco and the shiny black convertible screeched on to the open road, just feet from police, who gazed up at him.
         There's no way this is going to work.
         Throwing the shifter into first gear, DiBianco romped the gas sending the Mustang rocketing down Francis Ave.
         "s***!"
         Looking in the rearview, DiBianco saw the officers shake their heads and continue working.
         Without hesitation, DiBianco turned onto a side street and raced toward the only place that came to mind. Home.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2008 Keith Katsikas (UN: kkatsikas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Keith Katsikas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587343-Chapter-10