*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587360-Chapter-24
Rated: 13+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1430797
An action-packed thriller in the vein of Dan Brown...
#587360 added May 26, 2008 at 8:10pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 24
Chapter 24


"Okay, you've got my attention. But, there'd better be a damn good reason why I'm scaling down a rickety old ladder affixed to the side of a building in nothing but hospital garments."
         "Mr. DiBianco--"
         "Mike." DiBianco tried to calm his nerves. He clutched onto the shaky rungs--chunks of brick and mortar falling away while he went--swiftly descending, trying hard to keep up with Clinton who made a B-line for the walkway below.
         "I know this sounds crazy Mr. DiBianco, but this couple--"
         "Right kid, I heard that part, and I told you, call me Mike. My enemies call me Mr. DiBianco. You're not an enemy ... right?"
         "N-no. Of course not," Clinton stammered. "I don't know what this couple's planning, but they are after you, and not just to say hello."
         "I have to admit, I've been looking for an opportunity to leave this place ever since I woke up yesterday. I suppose, if for nothing else, I should thank you for that."
         A window slid open pulling DiBianco's gaze skyward. A dark-faced man peered down.
         "Mr. DiBianco!" The voice spit with anger.
         DiBianco didn't recognize the man, but felt panic attack him. His heart palpitated. His hands grew slick. His vision blurred, then went black. An image of a skyscraper filled his head; it exploded; glass shattering, flames bursting out every window, people plummeting to their deaths. The world spun out of control and DiBianco lost his grip on the rungs and started to fall.
         "No, Mr. DiBianco!" Clinton's face went pale.
         DiBianco scrambled to grab something; but there was nothing there.
         Clinton threw his hands over his head. A split second later, they were falling to the earth.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2008 Keith Katsikas (UN: kkatsikas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Keith Katsikas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587360-Chapter-24