*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587369-Chapter-31
Rated: 13+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1430797
An action-packed thriller in the vein of Dan Brown...
#587369 added May 26, 2008 at 8:16pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 31
Chapter 31


"Mike." Clinton was out of breath; he could barely speak. He prayed he would stop, or at least slow. His knees were giving out, and he fought the constant urge to collapse. It was not like him to be so exhausted, but DiBianco was unnaturally fast.
         Paddington Station, with its arched façade, stood tall and largely out of place against the architecture of its neighbors.
         The station was crowded, like it typically was. Not just another stop for The Tube, Paddington Station was also a connector for the National Rail System.
         Clinton could feel eyes pierce them as they approached the gates.
         Without warning, DiBianco stopped and released his grip on the bags, letting them hit the ground with a thud.
         Clinton plopped his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath. In the infancy of his prime and being a competitive swimmer, Clinton was in superb shape; but something about the events of the day, made his head spin.
         They stood in front of a crowded concession stand, adjacent a public restroom, a few yards from the gates. The smell of hotdogs and onion rings pushed the looming stench of train grease and sweat from the air.
         "Let me see that," DiBianco said, pointing at the purple cloth wedged between Clinton's right hand and knee.
         Clinton smiled and tossed him the Speedo.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2008 Keith Katsikas (UN: kkatsikas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Keith Katsikas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587369-Chapter-31