*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587370-Chapter-32
Rated: 13+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1430797
An action-packed thriller in the vein of Dan Brown...
#587370 added May 26, 2008 at 8:17pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 32
Chapter 32


"Where the hell are they?" Savanna stretched her neck, trying to see over the hundreds of travelers cramming their way into the station.
         "He must have pushed his way through," the middle eastern voice cracked through her headset.
         "Why aren't you here?" she said.
         "This is your task, Savanna. You need to prove yourself to Fuller."
         You're such an ass, she thought. "Haven't I proven myself enough, for Christ's sake?"
         "That is why Fuller is testing you."
         "Excuse me?"
         "We do nothing for Christ's sake."
         "It's a damn metaphor." She paused. "Goddamn it!"
         "Calm down. Once you take care of this I'm sure your standings with Fuller will grow."
         Savanna said nothing.
         "But if you don't... Fear not. Banishment only hurts a second."
         The line went numb with silence.
         Savanna's face hardened.
         Gripping the pistol she had stashed in her suit coat, she scoped the area with determination.
         They must be inside already, she thought, approaching the gate; she inserted her card into the scanner and thought, he must have rushed his way through. Christ! He could be boarding The Tube to Waterloo by now!
         The gate opened.
         Savanna ran into the whirlwind that was Paddington Station.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2008 Keith Katsikas (UN: kkatsikas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Keith Katsikas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587370-Chapter-32