*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587382-Chapter-42
Rated: 13+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1430797
An action-packed thriller in the vein of Dan Brown...
#587382 added May 26, 2008 at 8:31pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 42
Chapter 42


Savanna crept down the sweltering brick staircase, her fingers firmly pinching her nose. It was the worst smell she had ever experienced. Sweat dripped from her forehead. She grew dizzy from holding her breath.
         She knew what she had to do, but couldn't believe she was going through with it. She had never killed anyone before. She knew now, she was in way to deep. All choice had been stripped away. She worked for Fuller now, and Fuller worked for ... well, he called It, Lucifer in the Flesh. The Antichrist. To Savanna, It had no name, only Master.
         Halfway down, her ears were accosted by voices. They came from within the building. Male voices, coming from just beyond the door at the bottom of the stairs.
         Without a thought and with extreme vigor, Savanna turned and retreated up the stairs. She stumbled. The heal of one of her stilettos broke. Her right ankle twisted and popped. She fell. Her head struck the battered brink and concrete. A snap shuttered in her ears. There was a sharp pain. Then blackness.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2008 Keith Katsikas (UN: kkatsikas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Keith Katsikas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587382-Chapter-42