*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587383-Chapter-43
Rated: 13+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1430797
An action-packed thriller in the vein of Dan Brown...
#587383 added May 26, 2008 at 8:32pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 43
Chapter 43


"Oh my God!" The shrill voice was a man's, though it sounded to DiBianco like it could have been a woman's. It came from the hall just outside Clinton's door.
         "Is she dead?" Another feminine voice shouted.
         Clinton rushed to the door and yanked it open. It took great effort, but he was used to it.
         "Is everything all right, Frank," Clinton said, recognizing his neighbor. "What's going on?"
         "Oh, Peter." His voice was flamboyant, his hands flailed through the air. "I swear, I didn't see anything."
         DiBianco gazed at Clinton from the sofa. "What's the hell's happening out there?"
         Clinton shot back a look of uncertainty.
         DiBianco's curiosity took over and he barreled his way through the door. Clinton stepped aside.
         DiBianco made the short trek through the hall in three hasty steps. DiBianco's eyes squinted in the concentrated sunlight of the sweltering staircase. His nostrils were invaded by that gut wrenching stench again, only this time there was a bitter ripeness to it. He recognized the stench.
         Blood.
         "I swear I didn't see anything," Frank cried.
         "She was just there," another man cried.
         DiBianco was uncomfortable around this couple.
         Frank and the other man--DiBianco assumed his boyfriend, dressed in tight black shorts and a pink halter top, his hair beach blond, bright pink lips and eyeshadow sealing the deal--stepped onto the sidewalk and gazed down at them.
         But it was what he saw next that sent him to his knees.
         "Savanna?"

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2008 Keith Katsikas (UN: kkatsikas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Keith Katsikas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587383-Chapter-43