*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587978-Housework-in-the-middle-of-the-night
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#587978 added May 29, 2008 at 10:34pm
Restrictions: None
Housework in the middle of the night
Istijlál (Majesty), 13 'Azamat (Grandeur), 165 B.E. - Thursday, May 29, 2008 about 7:16 PM PDT

I never thought I would be doing housework in the middle of the night, but that is just what I'm going be doing. My grandmother did just that, when she couldn't sleep she would get up and do house work. Me doing the household chores after dark has nothing to do with me not being able to sleep.

My mother is 87 years old. She likes doing housework. She doesn't want anyone else doing the housework. Unfortunately, at 87 she can't do everything she could do at 78. I'm going to help her with the housework, but I have to be careful because she gets a bit upset if she finds me doing her job; as she like to refer to cleaning house.

I'm going to do housework after she goes to bed. I'm starting with the bathroom. Tonight I'm going to clean out the tub and tomorrow go for the toilet stool. I figure if I do one or two things a night, I can do my part without her knowing it.

All right, that doesn't sound logical. She will notice, as to whether she will say anything I don't know. She may not say much and then again she could say a lot. I have to go to work in the morning, so she may not notice the tub until after I have left the house. Mom does have a few short term memory problems, so this plan may actually work. At least for two or three day, until I get the bathroom cleaned up.

We have two bathroom and the one I'm working on is in the hall. I'm not going to go near the bath in the master bedroom. Mom sleeps in that bedroom and I'm sure she would notice me cleaning it up if she uses the toilet in the middle of the night. I don't like doing it this way, but I see no other option. The bathroom isn't like my office area that I can clean up or not without Mom saying anything.



© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587978-Housework-in-the-middle-of-the-night