*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588020-ON-A-HAPPIER-NOTE---COINCIDENCES
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1407297
These are my rambles, my thinking as I grow younger and younger.
#588020 added May 30, 2008 at 6:45am
Restrictions: None
ON A HAPPIER NOTE - COINCIDENCES
There has  been debated the matter or existance of  Coincidence, as explanation for bizarre, out of the ordinary behavior, events, or even the paths people have taken in this life.
I don't believe in "coincidences" - to me, that's other people rationalizing what occurs in life. They have to compartmentalize any odd occurance, as it seems the "intelligent" response of a civilized society.

Ah! But, if you've had many, many of these events in your life, you begin to consider that randomness is NOT an argument, if it even exists.
* a person is overwhelmed by despair, hopelessness........they click on some 'random" link or happen to decide to check their e-mail. The 'link" takes them to a place where they read something that IN THAT MOMENT removes their despair, their hopeless, angst feelings. In the e-mail INBOX a message appears from an old friend.........the old friend says they'd been thinking of the person, and just happened to send an e-mail that day.

* a reader/reviewer/writer on WDC preoccupied with an issue, event, an emotion, real life stuff....just happens to click on a short story, a poem etc. that 'just happens" to appear on the sidebar of a page. They read the story, the poem.......and it is EXACTLY the experience THEY have been preoccupied with. Or it answers the question troubling the reader.

* you cross paths with a stranger, by chance, at a particular time in your life. You just happen to strike up a conversation with someone in a store, in a check-out line, at a sporting event - and the conversation evolves into a sharing of experience, the surprise of both parties that each have been through identical things in their lives, or have a connection that "coincidence" cannot explain.

I KNOW (by having had way too many of these experiences happen throughout MY life) that I do not believe anything is Coincidental. There is a purpose, a reason, a plan, an other-worldly designer, for all these "accidental type" episodes.

Yep, I've said a prayer one day asking for some help maybe for finances, or simply for food during hard times. The next day - in the mailbox, a check appears. This has happened so many times.
A prayer for food - the next day (I'm not kidding) a Spermarket Delivery truck has appeared at my door with bags and bags of food being brought in - sent by a person I had never met, but perhaps had chatted with in some chat room. Or, I've had grocery bags left at my doorstep the SAME evening. And, no, I had not mentioned my hard times, or financial trouble to anyone or ask anyone for help. Help arrived.
No coincidence.............a prayer was answered.
* meeting a professor as a young college student, by chance......who pointed me down the path that eventually became a career, a profession where I found fullfillment, where I was meant to be.....

I don't believe in coincidences............plain and simple. All meetings, all travels, all things that happen in our lives serve a purpose, there is Meaning and Purpose, and how we respond is the key to moving forward, to become more fully ourselves, and to make our mark on this earth.

A dreamer am I?  Yes...I am a dreamer.
A believer in what is not seen? Yes........
A person who has had 'coincidental, accidently, illogical, unexplainable" things happen in her life so many times......that
she no longer questions these happenings........just nods her head in acknowledging them?..............Yep, that's me.

How about you? Any whoo-who 'that's strange'  experiences that have changed your course in life, that may have Saved your life, that affected you in a way that you remember, always, the event, the person, the e-mail, even to this day?

Happy Weekend.....Folks........Make a Wish, Say a prayer, Help a stranger, just because, no reason really.......... then see what happens. Who knows.............

© Copyright 2008 njames51 (UN: njames51 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
njames51 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588020-ON-A-HAPPIER-NOTE---COINCIDENCES