*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588156-a-few-minutes-to-blog
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#588156 added May 30, 2008 at 11:59pm
Restrictions: None
a few minutes to blog
For the last next to the last day of May, we made it back from our walk in the orchard in time for a short blog.

Supper tonight was a 'whatchagotchi' of frozen chicken tenders, olive oil, fresh garlic, onions, mushrooms and zucchini, with a garlic ginger sauce and low sodium soy sauce. It will probably be a few weeks before we have fresh spring onions growing in the garden, and a few more weeks before we have our own zucchini.

Had a good visit today with a 50+ yr old woman with ALS, a terrible disease. She is a very religious person and is in good spirits when I visit, although I've heard from her sister that she is not always so up. Of course. Who could be? I'm sorry she doesn't dump her sorrow and doubt on me instead of her sister, who is not very religious at all and thinks she's a little wacky.

I convinced myself to go to the Y Wednesday and felt better for it. I didn't even treat myself with a Blizzard from Dairy Queen, which I bribed myself with to get me to go. *Laugh* Wasn't that good? Today I bribed myself with a game of Jewel Quest at the computer at work (on my own time) and a promise of a Blizzard, which I again avoided. Yea me!

Tomorrow we're hoping for good enough weather to fly to see my son and his family. He came over to help saw up the downed trees in January, but we haven't seen his girls since Thanksgiving. I'm excited. We can fly around any thunderstorms, I hope. Wish we could spend the night, but I have to get back for church. Also, don't want to take Seamus to the kennel. We'll have to do that when we're ready to fly to Florida-- probably for two weeks. Maybe in June.

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588156-a-few-minutes-to-blog