*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588216-My-gosh-its-been-WEEKS
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#588216 added May 31, 2008 at 11:05am
Restrictions: None
My gosh, it's been WEEKS
Can you believe it? How time flies, huh? So much has happened I hardly know to where to begin.

I know where to begin: Three weeks flew the coop and I'm just now finding a spare minute to write.

I've been writing, but it's been slow. I did a couple of short stories and finished them up. I got my entries off to the Writer's Digest 77th Annual contest. The deadline to enter has gone and past so I'm crossing my fingers. hehe

I got involved in the The StoryMaster MASP program where you write articles for other sites. For me, it was rewarding but time consuming. I had to research the articles and put something together. I was able to put together 10 articles, but I wish I could have done more.

On the homefront, I took my boys to the California Strawberry Festival on 17 May. We had a great time. Andrew rode on the kiddie rides. I had to go after work though. We got the festival at 4:30 and we left around 6:30. They did things with strawberries I didn't think possible. My favorite was the strawberry nachos. They were very sweet. They had strawberry beer, chocolate strawberries, strawberry kabobs, pizza, etc... it was crazy. They also sold strawberries by the crate. Here's a link to my Strawberry Festival article that I posted on Associated content if you want to check it out:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/776021/a_day_at_the_california_strawber...

The Friday before we went I was playing with Joseph, my 20 month old and he had a habit of throwing his toys. I was reaching for the toy when he launched it. Right at my nose. *Cry* Boy did that hurt. Joseph was very contrite and cried more than I did. Poor thing. I was concerned because earlier in the year I was seeing an ENT for my allergeries and he told me I had a deviated septum. I went back to the ENT who said the good news was the deviation was still okay and I didn't need surgery, but that yes, Joseph cracked/broke the nose. The swelling has finally gone down.

I also discovered I had TMJ issues. I can't even begin to type out what TMJ means but it has to do with the joint where your jaw connects to your skull. It used to pop but then it stopped, but all of a sudden, I would have to chew a certain way. I would bite into something and a blast of pain would just shoot up my jaw. I saw my dentist who gave me a nightguard. He said he believed the pain was being caused by me grinding my teeth at night. Since I've been using it, the pain has gone away.

Last week I took the boys to the Greek Festival in LA down on Balboa/Plummer. It was very crowded and Joseph's stroller was not easy to push around. For dinner we had lamb chops, pork solvaki, and calamari. Andrew and Joseph loved the calamari. *Smile* They had an area for souvenir, goods, books, and a play area for the kids. There was greek music and dancing. It was a lot of fun but I can't wait until I don't have to take that stroller again.

At work, I have a trainee which has limited my writing time. A couple of project that I've managed update are:

The Hungarian  (13+)
This is the novel inspired by my short story, "The Wolf's Kiss."
#1312489 by StephBee - House Targaryen


The Flames of Madeoc (Revised)  (13+)
This is the story of young lovers, Bastian & Edana.
#1112904 by StephBee - House Targaryen


If you get a chance, pop on over and check 'em out. I haven't been able to troll my usual writing/publishing sites, but I hope to do that soon.

I really don't have any writing projects on the publishing block and I know I have to get back to "Twilight Over Moldavia" soon. It's been close to a year now that I've put it aside to work on other projects and I have to get back to it.

Where does the time go? *Confused*

On June 6th, I'll be 40! Even I can't believe it...

((hugs))
Steph

© Copyright 2008 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/588216-My-gosh-its-been-WEEKS