*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/589025-Youre-about-to-get-struck-by-a-vehicle
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#589025 added June 4, 2008 at 2:12pm
Restrictions: None
You're about to get struck by a vehicle!
Here's the theme of where today's journey has gone so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmn15EKepYc

I used to wrestle in high school. I was pretty good at it (and save all your "rolling around half-naked with sweaty guys" jokes...I've heard 'em all and none of them are remotely imaginative). You basically train for a few hours a day and lift weights, so that once or twice a week you can face off with an opponent for 3 two-minute intervals at most.

Seems like a lot of work for little payoff, no?

Well, it's the strategy I'm putting into place now, because sometimes that's what dealing with CWC can be like. A wrestling match. Spend all this time wondering what I'm gonna say, take advice from basically strangers, work my getaway sticks up to The Wall, and sometimes I have only a very brief period of time to try to get out something witty and cute and fun and complimentary. Today was that day, and she played into my game.

Busy day at The Wall. Your hero walks in, grabs his paper and lemonade (had to give up Mountain Dew for awhile...the caffeine is killing me) and waits in line. My new goal is to take all these little moments and learn something new about her each day, so I can eventually tie them all together into something...well, you get the point, and if you don't, you haven't been around in awhile. Before I get a chance to say anything...

CWC: "Didn't your mother ever teach you to walk on sidewalks? I almost ran you down with my car yesterday."
Me: "What?!? And you didn't stop and say hello?"
CWC: "You were all into your music. I figured I'd try to scare the shit out of you. But I didn't."
Me: "You should have. That would've been sweet. I'm almost always getting hit cars. I've never been hit by a car before." Which is true. Never been tagged (**knocks on wood**).
CWC: "You had your cd player and you were like in a daze with your music." Also true.
Me: "Yeah, I was probably trying to figure out how you could have a kid that old when you look younger than me." OK, I had to pull that one out. Super-compliment phaser mode set to "semi-moron". Keep in mind, I look like I'm 22 and dress like I'm 17. She could easily be 40 somedays, and 27 on others.
CWC: "You don't even know how old I am."
Me: "Well, you don't even know how old I am." Excellent comeback, jackass *Rolleyes*. Yepyep, putting my degree in Juvenile Bantering to good use.
CWC: "And actually, I have two kids. 15 and 13." At this point I've long cashed out and we're talking while she's cashing out some blue-hairs who are probably non-plussed by our conversation and I'm slowly leaning toward the door.
Me: *Shock*. That is not a lie. My face turned round and yellow, and my mouth became a little black circle.
CWC: "~~unintelligible chatter and then~~ consider that when you're figuring out how old I am."
Me: "Ok...have a greeeaat day!"

So that's where I'm at today. I'm assuming she's off tomorrow...I think she's usually off Thursdays. This drama is just getting stranger and stranger. I'm waiting for her to tell me she's also a lesbian too. *Confused*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7UqfP3FGYU

Enjoy it. It's not a song, it's comedy and it kind of fits the day so far. Hope you guys have a great day, and remember to watch both ways when you cross the street.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/589025-Youre-about-to-get-struck-by-a-vehicle