*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590423-Two-Great-Weeks
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1436063
My son's recovery from severe abuse and the horrors of Attachment Disorder
#590423 added June 11, 2008 at 10:36pm
Restrictions: None
Two Great Weeks
June 7, 2008

Well, as we had discussed, Tony has certainly increased the number of requests for purchases, but he has not had any tantrums. My reply would simply be, “Practice being grateful for what you have.”

The first week after school was out, Boys’ Club was closed, so Tony and Vincent went to the City Pool every afternoon. The personnel at the pool said he was the most well-behaved and polite child they had there all week.



The following week he spent at Backwoods Christian Camp. We spoke to the director ahead of time and asked for Tony’s counselor to be experienced, and to be made aware of Tony’s situation and the need to supervise him closely. When we went down to pick Tony up, one counselor after another came up to us and bragged on what an awesome week he had.


Transition time at home has been a little bumpy, but okay. Now for the BIG NEWS! Tony asked for a new bed for his room—one that does not fit in the doorway. We picked it out today and will pick it up Tuesday. However, we picked up the full-size mattress today. We’ll see how he does tonight. He still has the single mattress if plans fall through, but he had already worked up to barely the top of his head showing in the hallway. Yea!!!!! If he is successful we have a dance we have rehearsed for you!



He is doing well in Wal-Mart with me. He still only goes with me, though, and if he asks for something my reply is either, “Practice being grateful,” or “Okay, we got you the new sheets and comforter for your new bed. Are you saying you’d rather have this football?” That settles it without even any pouting.


Warrior Mom

** Image ID #1437731 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #1435990 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #1420491 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Pat ~ Rejoice always! (UN: mimi1214 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pat ~ Rejoice always! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590423-Two-Great-Weeks